cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin user locked after chaning the password.

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems very easy to find this solution, but i think we are in fix. Our Portal admin password was expired and so one of the team member changed it and didnot reflected it into the VA settings. Then as most of the people wasnt aware of this password change, the portal changed password admin account got locked. Now as the password was changed earler, activating SAP * user is also out of scope. The VA simply does not allow me to login as the pass is changed, and the portal admin logon is also locked. I can not figure out any solution for this. Can you pourin some ideas or inputs on this?

Ameya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Server restart did the trick..the password was not getting reflected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can activate SAP* from config tool.

Thanks,

GLM

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replay. I tried the config tool, but the connection to the database is failing. It is giving error..

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whats the error? is the data base up?

Thanks,

GLM

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, the database is up and runnign fine. When i open config tool, it simply shows the following errror:

Conncetion to the database failed !

To update, none of the .bat file is opening properly..

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u try with -- offlinecfgeditor

Thanks,

GLm

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes i am able to open the oflinecfgeditor, however, the changes i made into superadmin activate does not activate the SAP* in real. I am now trying restarting the server, else i will try restarting this ora listner srvice. If it worked i wil update..if you have any other solution then kindly update..

Ameya

Edited by: Ameya Pimpalgaonkar on Oct 3, 2008 11:52 AM