cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sampling procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

A particular sampling procedure is not working for a particular inspection plan.It works fine for any other plans.Can anyone please give me the reason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

r u using any sample drawing procedure?

if you are using sample drawing procedure create the sampling procedure with sample management otherwise create the sampling procedure without inspection point.

Check whether u r using dynamic modification level in the inspection plan.

pls get back

regards,

Ramu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sampling procedure is being used and the plan has dyn mod rule.The sampling procedure is defined without inspection points.Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The quality level is dynamic modification at lot level

Thanks

Ramya

0 Kudos

Ramya,

check for what inspection stage that inspection lot is. if it is in skip stage, and skip indicator is on then sample size will not be calculated.

Thanks!!

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

The lot is not a skip lot.Please advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It all depends on control indicators & type of characteristic (qualitative or quantitative) that you set for characteristics.

Compare the control indicators of charcteristics where you can use it & the one where you cannot. You may get the answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain the control indicators part better.The control indicator for the group i ve a problem with has optional characteristics radio button selected whereas for others the reqd characteristics radio button is checked.Is that making any difference for sample calculation.Plz reply

0 Kudos

Hi,

In MIC (QS22) go to control indicator and select sampling procedure check box. at the time of assigning MIC in inspection plan, it will ask for sampling procedure, so give your sampling procedure there. then only system will calculate sampling size.

Thanks!! let me know if still problem.

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vinay,

The box is checked already and the sampling procedure is also assigned.It still doesn calculate sample size.Please advice

Thanks

Ramya

0 Kudos

hi ramya,

what is the quality level of that lot??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

Ya its making difference if you will select optional characteristics radio button in that case sample size will not get calculated .for sample calculation you must select required characteristics.

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya

Check the UOM for Sampling in the inspection plan and the inspection plan header UOM. If it differs sample calculation will not happen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

The sampling procedure usage depends on type of characteristic, control indicators.

For example: Using quantitative characteristic

Char 0010 is quantitative with control indicator Sampling procedure & SPC is checked. Inspection scope is fixed.

Char 0020 is quantitative with only Sampling procedure checked. Inspection scope not fixed.

(Note: other indicators normally does not affect. Set as required).

Now you have a sampling procedure with Sampling type = Fixed & Valuation mode = SPC inspection.

So this sampling procedure you can assign only to Char 0010 & cannot use for Char 0020.

Hope this is clear.

Revert back in case of any problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The nit of measure is same in both cases.Also the MICs all the 4 of them have same control indicators.Moreover,sample size is not getting calculated for any MIC not even one.

Please provide further solution.Looking for your reply.

Thanks,

Ramya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

The sample size is not getting calculated at where?? QA02???

What it is not getting calculated?? As so far I have gone through this conversation, I can extract that it is calculating it "ZERO" sample size. Correct??

If it is not calculating ZERO then it must be throwing some error. And I have asked you if there is any error then pls let us know it.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shyamal,

yes.The sample size is calculating as Zero

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Are you using that sampling procedure in inspection point, you have to create different sampling procedure for inspection point which allows you for inspection point

Regards

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

No i am not using any inspection points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

It will be defiantly issuing some message.

Let us know what is dat?

Note:- Check in the inspection plan, for MIC the control indicator for SPC criterion.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SPC characteristic field i e the check box is unchecked in the control indicators tab.Is it necessary to be checked.Its not issuing any message.The user is only askin why the sample size is not calculating for one grp when it calculates for all the others

Former Member
0 Kudos

The condition what I am getting from what you have described over here is...... The sample quantity is not getting calculated in the QA02 screen, Correct?

But above all in any condition system will be issuing some message. Pls let us know the details.

Regards,

Shyamal