Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Exits or BADIs!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a concern on BADI and USER EXITS.

1.See in my program, I don't find the user exits using perform statement. However if i take the development class, I have found 4-5 user exits. is it possible to use any one of them in my standard program for modifications?

2. In BADI defination while defining the parameters, they are using some tables and parameters for exporting and importing.

But in my program, the data is getting stored in some other internal table which was not used as a parameter in BADI definition as export or import parameters.

My Question is, can I use my internal table which was defined globally in the particular BADI to have the required modifications in standard programs?

Please let me know if any one is having an idea on the above.

Thanks in advance.

Ramesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The "perform" style of user exits is very old and you can reference any global data within these. They have since been replaced with a call customer-function '001' , which is a function module or a BADI.

In a user exit or BADI you are restricted to using and changing the data as passed in the interface.

Darren

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The "perform" style of user exits is very old and you can reference any global data within these. They have since been replaced with a call customer-function '001' , which is a function module or a BADI.

In a user exit or BADI you are restricted to using and changing the data as passed in the interface.

Darren