cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICR process '003' how ICR post differences?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Finally we have finished the ICR configuration and it seems to be working now for a basic scenario.

We have now a "concept" question, we have posted several documents in 2 Co Codes with the same amount and same reference (we have configured XBLNR as key field in order to reconcile) and the program assign documents correctly.

We have created several documents in 2 Co Codes with same reference (xblnr) but with differences in amount. ICR shows the documents a allow us to manually assign the documents in FBICR3 trx, when we assign them, the system show the difference correctly. My question is, how those differences are posted in FI? It is possible? is a standard function? What function? Is necessary to develope a user exit or badi...?

I think that the problem now is more my understanding of the functionality that an error, but i will appreciate help in this point

Cheers

Rafa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member572578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rafa,

Please note that ICR is only an analysis tool. It extracts the information from the original systems and then helps you to find documents causing differences. The standard functionality does not cover posting corrections in the original system. You could achieve this by implementing the existing BADI methods. Please refer to the implementation of class CL_IM_FB_RC_PRESENTATION for an example.

In method ADD_CUSTOMER_UI_FUNCTIONS a button is added to the main toolbar. Method HANDLE_DDOWN_MENU_ALV handles the logic that a drop-down button has been selected. Method PROCESS_CUSTOMER_UI_FUNCTIONS contains the actual processing of the selected function. This method would be called right away if the button you added was not a drop-down button.

There is no function contained in the standard which lets you reverse incorrect documents or post correction documents or accruals at this point. We are currently trying to collect information regarding our customer's requirements for such functions via the feedback form attached to note 1250276 ( https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1250276 ). Please feel free to fill out this form and let us know about your experience with ICR and how we could improve it to make it a better tool for you.

Best regards,

Ralph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Currently I'm discussing exactly this question with our client. "The ICR (analysis) tool works well" but now we want to go to the next level: Is SAP able to provide a functionality to post the corrections after manual reconciliation?

The client's organisation would allow to post corrections cross-company or cross-client wide due to the same operative CoA.

therefore: Did SAP provide any additional functionalities in the meantime (since this first posting)? Or do we have to develop here on the 'custommade' side?

Many thanks in advance for your input

Kind Regards

Marcus

0 Kudos

Hello

do you know if SAP delivered anything standard and new since 2008 and allowing to post FI doc (classic ledger) for the ICR tool in order to use the reconciliation done in ICR for clearing customers & vendors accounts?

It's quite a shame that ICR process can not be used for real FI clearing & postings

any known BADI to use ?

We use the classic ledger , our version is ECC6 EHP6 and we do not use any special ledger

thank you for your help

former_member572578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marcus,

There is no standard functionality for posting correction documents. How this can be implemented and achieved depends on too many factors...

You can simply add a function to FBICR* via BADI. I think this would be the best approach. That way you rely on an accountant analyzing something and determining what correction posting is the best way forward.

Example 1:

You have a document group containing one customer and one vendor invoice. The vendor invoice was posted with the wrong amount and/or currency. Click a button and choose scenario  "Cancel vendor invoice and post new invoice based on customer invoice". This would reverse the vendor invoice in the sender system and post a new identical invoice using the correct currency and amount. However, if you had a more complex scenario with integration to sender applications generating the vendor invoice you may want to go about this completely differently.

Example 2:

I know of at least one customer who posts accrual documents at the end of the reconciliation process in order to correct all differences. So if something wasn't reconciled completely they use the approach "whoever sent out the customer invoice is correct", and generate an accrual posting on the partner's vendor account over the amounts in the relevant transaction currencies to reduce the differences to zero before closing the books for that month. This is then auto-reversed with posting date of the first day of the following month and any additional adjustments then have to be posted in the new period (and will obviously considered by ICR for that new period).

HTH,

Ralph

former_member572578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

There is no standard functionality to use for this. I know of a customer who posts all their Intercompany documents with a payment block. When the documents have been reconciled in ICR (i.e. assigned to document groups with zero balance) the payment block is removed via BADI implementation in the sender systems and the payment is triggered with the next payment run.

The best approach to this depends very much on your specific scenario. You could do this interactively or write an additional program which does it automatically for all document groups with zero balance...

Ralph