cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPS-characteristic data not coming on planning layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am using crm5.0 with BW7.0-BPS for marketing plan, i have made planning areas, planning level,and planning package.

My requirement is to enter the data for the characteristic Business Partner in the planning layout (when it is getting displayed in the marketing plan), however BP field is not enabled for editing there , only # is coming.

Please give some suggestion as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Shweta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This kind of error generally pops up if you have any time dependant characteristic. Check in your layout. If you have any, try removing it and then execute.

Please award points if helpful.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Let me summarize. you are using CRM 5.0. you have created a marketing plan and want to see data associated to business partners. Am I right?

First of all you can find the definition of the marketing plan at the following place: [marketing plan|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/14/98e24044b80b06e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

I do not know if you are in a campaign scenario or a TPM scenario so I will be as generic as possible.

The link between CRM and BI for marketing projects is done by "Planning Services" this features is using BPS but is not part of BPS.

In planning services we often use terms Selection, attributes and structures to define the different u201Ccomponentu201D of the level defined in transaction BPS0.

How are we defining the characteristic of the planning level in BPS0

1- You can directly assign a value in the level (for example K4

for 0FISCVARNT) it means the value is fixed and provided in the level. We call all fields with a value assigned in the level our "selection"

2- You can set the flag "select in package" to yes, it means the value is provided by the application. We call these fields "attributes". If a characteristic is defined as an attribute and has no value coming from the application we will search for blank value, for example if you define your distribution channel as an attribute and the application is not providing a value we will read the infocube with distribution channel = "".

3- all other characteristics of your level which are not part of our selection our our attributes are called "structure" , it means the "from colum" is empty and the flag "select in package" is not checked. The value can be provided by the application, but if no value is provided we are searching for all possible values.

There are some more rules, which must be fulfilled to make the planning level usable for the planning services:

- The time characteristics can belong to the selection or to the structure, they cannot belong to the attributes

- The same is true for special characteristic for period type, called either 0PERIOD_TYP or ZN_PERTYP.

- There are some combinations of the time characteristics which are not allowed, for example if you want combine fiscal periods and calendar weeks

- If the planning level contains time dimensions, based on fiscal variant (fiscal year, fiscal period), the u201Cselectionu201D section must contain single entry with relevant fiscal variant.

What does it mean? the value for your characteristics are provided by CRM. In your scenario the marketing plan is not passing the data, there is no BP associated to a marketing plan, you will not be able to see the BPs.

If you want to plan at the business partner level you have to do the planning at the operationnal level (campaign or TPM). You can also evaluate the posibility to use the [account planner|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/42/c372ed9a6f1d65e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm] application. It depends of you business need.

To summarize it is not possible to change a characteristic in the planning layout in CRM. In the planning layout you can only change key figure values.

I hope it helps.

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

I believe you want to see the entire list of BPs available to you in the layout. Based on the BPs, you want to enter the values for the key figures.

If my understanding is right, then, in the first screen of the layout builder, click on additional settings. By default, it will show From Transaction Data. Change it to All Possible Characteristics Combinations.

See if it helps. Please award points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

When i choosen the option suggested by you , then following error came in my Marketing plan Key Figure tab

"Error in planning services

SEM error

Error messages - count 0001:

Selection to time characteristic is not restricted -> see long text

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Do you have a time characterirstic (0calweek, 0calmonth...) in your layout?

as stated in my previous message the time characteristics can belong to the selection or to the structure, they cannot belong to the attributes

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot edit a characteristic in planning layout - only key figures are editable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

Thanks for you reply, sorry for not clarifying before, but i need to enter the data in the marketing plan for the BP characteristic(which is in the lead column) in Planning Layout. I want to select list of BPs and then based on those BPs i will decide my sales value, is this possible?

I am new to this area so i dont have enough details, but try to get it to you in case if required.

Thanks and Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two scenarios -

1) Editing a characteristic in rows already showing the layout (not possible in layout - have to use planning function)

2) Adding new row(s) to the layout - meaning a new characteristic combination.

If you are talking about case 2, that is possible and is pretty simple. If you need some info, please first try to search this forum and if your doubt is not answered, then reply to this thread with more details.