cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Web Dynpro application taking at least 25 to 30 mint to get it deploy..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My Web Dynpro application taking at least 25 to 30 mint to get it deploy.. can any one why it is taking this much of time.....

PS: point will be awarded

Thanks

Anup

Edited by: Anup Bharti on Oct 3, 2008 10:55 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

Check these points and revert back:

Is it a problem for only one application or all applications? (If it is common for all application it may be problem with the sever)

Is debug mode is on for the server?

Is it a problem for entire day or only sometimes? (In peak times some applications run slower due to network traffic)

If you are using RFC in your application,

How much time is taken by RFC if you directly executing RFC in R/3?

How many RFCs you are using in your application and how many RFC calls you are performing initially?

Regards,

Siva

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anup,

How you are deploying the Web Dynpro applications? are you deploying using the SDM or NWDI?

If you are deploying using the SDM, what were the system resources?

Some times low system resources also reason for this. As SAP recommended you should have at least 2 GB Ram and good to have 10 to 14 GB free space on installed hard drive. If you met the above criteria just try some trouble shooting like:

1. Deploy a simple application whith out any code like creating a simpel Web Dynpro application with one lable and see how time is taking to depploy.

2. Try deploying the applciation which causing you the slow deployment.

If one application deploy very quickly and another one not then it's defenetly a code issue.

Compare and see the deployment time for both applciations, If it is taking same time for both applications, certainely you have to look in to SDM logs.

Please go through this and which explains how to view the SDM log:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/c0/8e6c4287e1dc54e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

Two possibilities are there for the issue you are facing:

- There may be some problem in your code. Are you using any loop or any connection which you are not closing in your code?

Please debug your code by commenting it piece wise and keep on deploying the same. I believe in case of some code problem, you can find the exact place of concern and you can make some modifications then.

In case of using any connections, please close them and nullify also. The same applies for Resultset and Statement in case if you are using them.

-If you are deploying on the local server may be some buffer problem from the server, ask your basis team to restart the server and you can see an immediate improvement in the deployment time in case it's not your code fault.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Gaurav

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Are you facing this problem on Local Development Server(DWI)

Earlier i faced the similar performance problem with the local server which gets resolved by restarting the server.

Siddharth