Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find how many times a t code has been processed by a user

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to find how many times a t code has been processed by a user I am not able to get the exact number from the ST03 or STAD/STAT transaction. I am requiring the specific number that this T code has been processed completely this many no of times for a specific period.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

To know the no of times a tcode has been executed by an user .you have to turn on the sql trace for the user,using ST05.

ur basis person can help u more on this.

regards,

johnson

0 Kudos

Hi johnson,

Is there any procedure to just know how many times any transaction is runned for a given interval of time?

Regards

Rahul Jain

former_member194613
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must be more precise with your question.

How long is the time period which you want to check, few hours or several days or longer? And how many executions do you expect, 100, 10000 or millions?

The STAD should help you, for the smaller numbers. There is no solution for the larger ones. Don't mix STAD and ST03, ST03 is aggregated STAD information

and know only how often a transaction was executed in total.

ST05 is no solution for your problem to much overhead, and yoou should trace only a short period.

There is no tool to check usage of transactions in more detail because of privacy reasons.

Siegfried

0 Kudos

Hi Siegfried,

Sorry for not so precise in my communication.

I want to run that for yearly basis if possible. When i tried to run the STAD transaction (for the last working day) it is always showing me that "NO RECORDS RECEIVED FOR THE CURRENT SELECTION" what can be the possible reason for this and how can we correct it.

Thanks & Regards

Rahul Jain

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

STAD displays the summary of the transaction, reports, rfc calls basically tracks every action of the user in the system and retains this information only for 2 days, after which it erases this information from the database.

You will either need to save this information filtered by the tcode as an excel or so at the end of two days alternatively use this api 'SWNC_STAD_READ_STATRECS' to feed it with the custom date and tcode and persist this information on a daily basis into a file.

Hope this helps, Poornima

former_member194613
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I want to run that for yearly basis if possible

That is impossible, keeping STAD information for one year would be a huge amount of data.

What should be the benefit of this information?

Siegfried

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you really want to capture number of time the transaction code is called, then you might want to capture the data into Z table, so that you can make any analysis you want.

1. Create Z table with date and transaction code as keys, and counter as non key field.

2. Create implicit enhancement in FM AUTHORITY_CHECK_TCODE, to increase counter in Z table.

However, before you do the above mentioned steps, please make sure that you really need this enhancement, as this will slow down the performance a bit, especially the locking part prior to updating the counter field in Z table.

Regards,

Lim...

former_member194613
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

better be careful, such a recording has legal implications. It would allow to check what every employee is actually doing. This recording is not allowed in every country!