From Crystal report XI R2 files to Crsytal Report 2008 files
Can I convert from Crystal report XI R2 files to Crsytal Report 2008 files?
Please let me know.
Manjunath N Jogin
Aditya Joshi replied
Here are a few more facts about up gradation to CR 2008.
1) Crystal Reports should be the same version of the Enterprise: for instance if reports are created with CR XI R2, the Enterprise version should be BOE XI R2; CR2008 will not be compatible with BOXI R2 Enterprise.
2) More versions of CR can be installed in the same machines; please note that the versions should be installed following the order from the oldest version to the latest one in order to avoid conflicts. For instance, you may install CR X first, then CR XI, then XI R2 and then CR 2008;
3) The reports created with CR XI can be opened with CR 2008.
4) And the reports created with CR 2008 can be opened with CR XI; however if the reports contain any features which are not available with the previous version, these may not be supported; For instance Flash objects which can be used with CR2008 would not be supported by CR XI R2.
5) The report definition defines the version with witch the report is created. The report definition information is available from u2018Reportu2019 menu/u2019Performance Informationu2019.
Hope this would be helpful.