cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical Systems in Business Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In Business Service creation, for Adapter Specific Identifiers, the parameter for the Logical System. It is only possible to assign one logical system to one Business Service ?.

i.e. to do

MyBusServ1, Z_LS_1

MyBusServ2, Z_LS_1

is not possible ?

When trying to assign Z_LS_1 to MyBusServ2 I get the error that Z_LS_1 is already assigned. Is there a way to circumvent ?, I do not want to create two logical systems in R/3 as the IDOCS types submitted by the Business Services are the same.

Thanks

Damien

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not Possible to have the Same LS name for Different Business Services.

The necessity for the LS is to Identify the client uniquely through out SAP System

Logical system names are used for Identification of the Clients in SAP System

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can not assign the same logical system name for more than 1 BS.

Why dont you make use of the same BS for posting the 2 IDOCs? Any particular reason here. If you can explain the problem here a bit more, may be I could help you.

Regards

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies

Sarvesh - The Business service is the sender of the information \ IDOC. If I remove the Adapter specific config then how will XI know what Logical system to apply to the IDOC ?.

Jaishankar - I am creating two IDOC's in SAP. MATMAS and PORDCR. The input file are coming from two different source systems. lets say sys1 and sys2. Both of thse for clarity are created in my scenario as Business Services. sys 1 creates MATMAS and PORDCR IDOC's int he syatem, sys2 creates PORDCR IDOC's in the system. As sys1 and sys2 are related in that they created the IDOC's as part od the same project then I would like to collect in the same partner profile in SAP e.g. Partner Profile ZPP_IDOC with IDOC types MATMAS PORDCR that serve as input for both systems. Logically I would assume that I can assing the logical system ZPP_IDOC to both the adapter specific parameter in both sys1 and sys2.

Thanks

Damien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think You are using the Business system at R/3 side...

You are talking abt the Business service at Sender side?? is it right??

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

right, at sender side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are really worrying abt the third party Sender Application and you are using the Business service for that means,

Just Maintain One BS at Sender side is enough

& Open the BS of the sender application and provide any name for LS coloumn and save

Thats Enough

& Use the Business system for your R/3 side with the correct LS name & Client details .

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What about the scenarion where you have two interfaces, 1 to create materials and 1 to create a PO. The PO is created only after all the Materials are loaded into the R/3 backend. It maked sense to configure these two interfaces MATMAS and ORDERSP on the same Partner Profile in the R/3 system, ZORSERS_SYSTEM adding the Message types MATMAS and ORDERSP. The Materials are created through a Business Service "OrdersSystem" with the Adapter Specific Identifiers is set to "ZORSERS_SYSTEM", the PO through an Integration Scenario "BPMOrdersSystem". Now in order to create the Purchase Orders in the same partner profile then it is necessary (I believe) to assign the same Adapter Specific Identifier in the Integration Scenarion to the value "ZORSERS_SYSTEM" also. However PI does not allow this saying that "ZORSERS_SYSTEM" is already assigned to a Business Service. Is there any way to circumvent this ? ..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone give input to the last question question / comment ! .. is it not possible from a BMP and a Business Service in the same scenario to use the same logcal system name ? ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Business Service if you do not assingn any Logical System in Adapter Specific Identifiers then it is ok.

So you can do rest of the configuration and test your scenario.

Note: If you are trying to post the IDOC into R3 by using Business Service (as receiver) then it is not possible, to do so you must have a Business System.

Regards,

Sarvesh