cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Distribute budget to each WBS in a project if use Investment Mgt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where a project have only WBS.

This WBS belong to Location and activites (work around)

We would like to distribute budget in each activities(WBS), because we would like to control in each activities.

In addition, we are using Investment Management also.

1st. I create Investment Program structure.

( I use the ID , let say ID01 ) .

2nd. I create a project structure (Project name ABCD all WBS) , 1st level WBS for location and some 2nd levels WBS for the WBS activities (let say i have 10 WBS activities for 2nd level)

3rd. I assign the investment ID01 only to 1st level WBS

4rd. I go to IM52, i put Position ID01 and project ABCD

My question is why i cannot distribute in 2nd levels for each activities, because the requirement is to control budget in each activities.

I tried to use CJ30, it shows : the below message.

What should i do to fulfill these requirements, which are :

*. Use Investment management for budgeting

*. Control budget each activities in each WBS

*. Not to put investment ID in each WBS

Plz help.

Cheers,

Nies

-

Overall budget and/or annual budget cannot be processed

Message no. AP068

Diagnosis

You are maintaining budget values for one or more measures (orders or WBS elements). The overall budget and/or the annual budget are not available for input.

There are two possible reasons for this.

A program type for investment programs is entered in the budget profile for the measure. This program type is intended to make a link between the measure and an investment program that has this program type mandatory. If there is no link to this kind of investment program, it is also not possible to create any overall budgets on the measure.

The measure is already assigned to an investment program position, but this program position is set up to distribute budget values directly to the measure. In this case, you cannnot create overall budgets directly. However, it is still possible to distribute budget values using the budget distribution function in the menu for investment programs. If budget distribution of annual values is also set to active in the program definition, then you are also limited to creating the annual budgets for the measures using the budget distribution function in the investment program menu.

Procedure

See which of the above applies. You can see the investment program position to which a measure is assigned in the master data transaction for the measure

Extras --> Cap.inv.prog...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your level1 wbs is linked to Inv Mgmt

Use transaction IM52 to distribute budget to the WSB linked to IM (top level)

then use CJ30 to distribute budget to the lower WBS elements

this is the std process and should work

in the budget profile are you using program type? with annual and overall values?

Edited by: Virendra Pal on Oct 3, 2008 10:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

your level1 wbs is linked to Inv Mgmt

*. Yes Correct

Use transaction IM52 to distribute budget to the WSB linked to IM (top level)

then use CJ30 to distribute budget to the lower WBS elements

*. I tried. It works. But If i only use CJ30. Why i cannot total up or / copy view the value for 1st level WBS

this is the std process and should work

in the budget profile are you using program type? with annual and overall values?

*. Could you please advice, the best way for it ? should i use program type ? should i choose only annual or both?

*. My another question is everytime i only distribute to overall ...i dont need to distribute in 2008. How to make there will be error message that we have also to fulfill the same amount between overall and 2008. (only 2008 is maintained)

Plz advice,

Cheers,

Nies

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you use IM you will notice that the WBS linked to IM is greyed out in CJ30 and that is correct as the budget is distributed from IM

You seem to be using only annual values so that is fine, regarding overall and annual values you need to check your budget profile and IM program profile - they should both be in sync

Now use CJ30 to distribute budget within the project, you cannot total up as it is the case of top down not bottom up

if you distribute more that the allocated from IM it will error - the purpose for using IM

system is OK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is there any tcode to check document / who doing the supplement in tcode IM30 (edit supplement) to IM ?

Plz advice.

Cheers,

Nies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use report S_ALR_87012817 and select the Programe postion in Supplements column and click on Goto->Line Item for prog. pos.

Here u can see the User ID who has done the supplements.

Venkat

Answers (0)