Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI Remote Connections

former_member346857
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been asked the question if it is possible to do some remote connections through SAP GUI, the situation we have is that we have a user that requires training in South Africa, and the user providing the training is in the UK. They would like to connect to the users SAP session through SAP and be able to give the training, I have been told that in the older days this was possible but I have not seen any documentation on this, the only way I can think of doing something like this is through scripting of some sort. Is there any such way, or would it be easier to just connect via a remote connection software?

Thanks

Jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member346857
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

Much appreciated.

Problem resolved by the above posts

former_member346857
Participant
0 Kudos

My apologies I did not explain correctly, The user who requires the training already has access to the SAP system, what I would like to know is can the trainer connect to the users sap session via sap?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course the trainers can in the same way as described in the above posts.

Is he not able to logon? what is the error?

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is very easy to use any where in the world. The remote user has to install SAP GUI software in his computer and connect the internet. After that you have to provide the user name of SAP, IP Address of your SAP Server (Training Server), IP Address of router & Instance Number.

Now he/she is login in your system.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jaya,

For this the user need a SAP GUI installed on his syetem.,an internet connection.

Then he needs to create the login in the GUI.

Proceed as follows:

On the GUI-->click on new item.

Give short description,application server IP,system number,system ID,SAProuter String >then next>next-->finish.

Now the user can access the SAP vai a remote logon.

Regards,

Ashutosh