Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on IDOC

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding IDOCs

1. The size of an IDOC is measured in terms of Segments. Is there any formula using which i can find the size of an IDOC in Kilobytes or Megabytes?

2. How many IDOCs can XI handle concurrently without causing any Queue problem. Is the number of IDOCs processed dependent in any way on the size of the IDOC?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default a Single Idoc can hold 10,000 k Byte.memory size in source system can be changed by maintaining control parameters for transfer of data.

for more info check tis thread,

cheers!!

Venkat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. They were quite helpful.

I will not be using a BPM.I know a lot of load can cause a queue problem, but what i need to know how much of load will lead to a queue problem?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>1. The size of an IDOC is measured in terms of Segments. Is there any formula using which i can find the size of an IDOC in Kilobytes or Megabytes?

You can see size of IDOC in terms of XML size. In SXMB_MONI (header information) or have a simple IDOC to file scenario with/without content conversion you can get to know the size text and xml .

>> 2. How many IDOCs can XI handle concurrently without causing any Queue problem. Is the number of IDOCs processed dependent in any way on the size of the IDOC?

It depends upon your configuration with BPM(i.e collect pattern used) or without BPM.

With BPM is a real mess if the number is in thousands you will definately get queue problem.

Performance is also dependent on the tuning of your system how you have configured your integration engine.......

Size of Idoc also matters.

Regards,

Satish