cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page size issues while saving Deski report to PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While saving the Deski report as PDF, the page size changes randomly.

The workflow is:

Created a report in Deski.

-- Chekced in File | Page setup the zoom size(Fit to Print | Adjust to) is 100% and the paper size is A4.

-- Saved it as PDF.

-- In Acrobat Reader 7.0, opened the save report, the size of paper is 8.5*11, the normal paper size.

-- In the report in theFile | Page setup, changed the zoom size to anything less than 100% (e.g changed to 90%) whereas the paper size is A4.

-- Saved it as PDF.

-- In the Acrobar Reader noticed that the page size increases to some random size(e.g 9.18*12.99).

When priting the Document the printer changes the same to A4 resulting in truncating of the content.

The page size should be same but the content size should reduce.

The issue can be reproduced in 6.5 and XIR2 as well.

Is there any workaround for this that the size of the content decrease rather than increasing the page size??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbhjeet,

Thank you for all your help.

Further to our investigation we found that this is known issue and it is a limitation of the Product, it wont be fixed.

The ADAPT for the same is ADAPT00743734

It is reproducible with XI 3.1 as well.

FYI...........

1. PDF Engine will get the rendering information from the busobj. If there is a character size differences between PDF and busobj, there are chances that you may see bigger cells or reduced data in PDF.

2. In the report when Fit to 1 page by 1 wide in Pagesetup->FitToPrint, the page size will be set to the fit the complete report in busobj.

3. When save as PDF, this information (increased page size, due to settings in 2) will be sent to PDF Engine. The Engine will try to fit the size into the available standard PDF size (based on Print settings and other combinations).If it tries to fit the report (enhanced page size) to the available size, then we loose lot of information depending on the number of columns and rows.

4. Shrinking the report in busobj may not feasible.

When we change the page size in Fit to Print (either Adjust to % or Fit to ) , in reporter it changes the page size instead of changing the rendering to fit to the page.

When save the report to PDF, it gets the information with extended page size. So we see the enhanced page in PDF.

Also in order to implement the shrink (instead of changing the Page size), each cell has to be shrieked to the percentage of the reduced page (compared to the original page size). It becomes more complicated when charts come to picture.

I hope the above information helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Anisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anisa,

Thanks for sharing the information with us.

This will help us to resolve the issue in future if any customer come across such kind of issue.

I appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anisa,

Could you please review the following information.

When you save a .rep to pdf, the pdf will take more pages of the same report as compared to .rep and pdf will take more size compared to .rep.

You can test the issue by renaming the report and then saving it as PDF.

It might help you to resolve the issue.

I hope you are using supported acrobat reader version with BOXIR2.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbh,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I tried your resolution but hard luck. Actually the issue is related to the settings in page setup of the report.

The page size changes when the zoom size is reduced from 100 % in Deski.

Regards,

Anisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anisa,

Thank you for the information.

I tested the issue in house by making a report on Island resort Marketing universe and taking the variables Country, Sales Person, Year, and Revenue.

1.I saved the report as PDF with the Page Setup Adjust to 100% normal Size u2013in PDF it gave me Zoom 121% and page size as 21 cm width and 29.7 cm height.

2.Then I saved the report as PDF with the page setup Adjust to 95% normal Size-in PDF it gave me 119% Zoom size and page size as 21 cm width and 29.7 cm height..

3.I also tested the issue by saving the report as PDF and using the page setup fit to 1 page(s) tall by 1 Wide. - in PDF it gave me Zoom 121% and page size as 21 cm width and 29.7 cm height.

4. I used BOXIR2 SP3 FP3.6 and Acrobat reader version 7.0 to test the issue.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbhjeet,

Thank you for the update.

I tried with the same objects with BOXIR2 SP4 and Acrobat reader 7.0 but no luck.

The Page setup settings are Page size A4, adjust ot 100% zoom.

The page size in PDF is 8.26*11.68 in, Zoom is 97%.

When Page setup |Adjust is changed to 90%

The page size in PDF is 9.19*12.99 in, Zoom is 87%.

Regards,

Anisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anisa,

Thank you for the information provided to me.

Could you please open the page setup option and set the paper source to Default tray instead of automactically select.

Would request you to test the issue with the Default tray settings in page setup and let me know the results.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbhjeet,

I observe the same behaviour with Default Tray as the Paper Source in Page Setup.

Thanks & Regards,

Anisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anisa,

I tested the issue on BOXIR2 SP4 with Acrobat Reader version 7.0 using the same settings provided by you however I am unable to replicate the issue.

Could you please uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers I think issue is related to the printer drivers.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anisa,

Check whether you arebusing the compatible version of printer drivers.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur