cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCS module implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

recently one of our clients implemented SAP BI7.0. now want to implement SEM components (bcs,cpm,bps).

Can BCS module be implemented individually or is it anyway dependent on BPS module?

thanks,

raju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are no dependencies, but if it is expected BPS will be implemented later it is helpful to keep this is mind if the plan data is to be consolidated with BCS do that the data model will accomodate the plan characteristics if they are different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur responses.

Client now wants to implement only bcs & cpm modules and because they are doing planning ad-hocly, they want bps module be implemented later onwards. I didn't understand correlation exactly between BCS & BPS as i'm from non-financial background and I designed many BPS planning applications and CPM applications.

Regards,

Raju

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FYI, it is possible but not necessary to consolidate plan data in BCS. WHen BPS is used for planning it should be determined whether or not the BPS plan will be consolidated in BCS and if so, try to keep common characteristics for the purposes of consolidation and hence reporting actual versus plan from BCS database.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Raju

BCS can be implemented independently.

Regards,

Devendra Gore