cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Application parameters of transaction Iview in ECC ..??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a transaction Iview and assigned it to a Portal. To send the Portal login userid to the Transaction I'm using application parameters by giving userid=<User.LogonUid>;. How to get the userid in ECC . I have tried this by writing a write statement in a simple report which is assigned to the transaction there .How to get the Userid there...??

Thanks.

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkata,

did you try using syuname in the report to get the username

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala ,

by sy-uname wil we get that??

If so, Whether the login portal userid should be there is ECC box as well??.

Please explain.

Thanks.

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do u need to send the portal user id in that fashion, if you have user mapping or sso in place you will get the report and then you can fetch the user name and it will return the user from the mapping or from the sso certificate.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

GLM,

I got your idea, my question for this scenario is will we need need to have the same userid in both the netweaver box and ECC box. For SSO i'm using SAP Logon ticket methodology....!!

Kindly Explain??

Thanks.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yoes you must have same user id and password in both ecc and portal

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Koti,

For both the Logon ticket and User mapping will I need to have same user names in both the box. Or else what would be the sceanrio.

My issue is I have a user in Portal box and a different one in ECC .

I want to get the Portal login userid to the back end through transaction iview which is assigned to portal what would be the best and possible scenario for this.

Thanks.

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If user names are different , then only option is sso with user id /password

check help link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/1c/22afe6b26011d5993800508b6b8b11/frameset.htm

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Koti,

in the link which You have given it is saying that SSO with user mapping is possible when SSO logon ticket doesnt support which are sap systems < 4.0.

I'm using ECC 6.0 will it work ?

Thanks.

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for wrong link........

In my point , you cant do it with saplogon ticket as userids are different in backend and portal.

You should do usermapping with userid and password of your backend system

check the below blog

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Koti ,

I have tried this but in the identity management/user management I'm not able to access User Mapping for System Access Tab. It is showing a statement as There are no systems available for user mapping for the selected principal.

What could be the reason??

Thanks.

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Check the below link for various reasons.It depends on system alias property " User Mapping Type"

admin = This system is displayed in the user mapping administrator tool

user = This system is displayed in the user mapping tool for end users

admin, user = This system is displayed both in the user mapping administrator tool and in the user mapping tool for end users

If this property is not defined for a system, the system does not appear in the user mapping function

Ref

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/b6/8b9aea8d7c11d5bdd8006094191908/frameset.htm

Koti Reddy

Answers (0)