MaxDB 7.6.5.09 upgrade / install hangs at inst_reg.
I have successfully installed MaxDB 220.127.116.11 on Windows Server 2003 SP2.
When I try and upgrade or install 7.6.05 Build 009-123-191-997 it hangs when trying to register the instance and dbmsrv consumes almost 50% of the CPU
I have tried istalling as the domain admin and as the local administrator.
Here is the log from the wrk dir:
2008-10-02 12:06:09 0x00000404 INF 216 DBMSrv DBM Server client connection (established at 2008-10-02 12:06:09): PID 968 on computer sunflower.pha.co.za 2008-10-02 12:06:09 0x00000404 INF 283 DBMSrv Command 'inst_reg -k "C:\Program Files\sdb\7605" ' is being executed.
If I check the registry the following key exists
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAP DBTech\Installations\C:/Program Files/sdb/7605
If I install all packages except the Database Kernel it succeeds.
If I then try and install the Database Kernel I get the following error:
2008-10-02 12:35:54 0x00000c3c INF 283 DBMSrv Command 'inst_reg -k "C:\Program Files\sdb\7605" ' is being executed. 2008-10-02 12:35:58 0x00000c3c ERR -24913 DBMSrv ERR_SERVICEDB: Cannot register service database instance for .M760509 0x00000c3c ERR -24832 DBMSrv ERR_SHMNOTAVAILABLE: Shared memory not available 0x00000c3c ERR -24686 DBMSrv ERR_SHMNOCLEANUP: Could not cleanup the DBM server Shared Memory 0x00000c3c ERR -24827 DBMSrv ERR_SHMALLOCFAILED: ID C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\sdb\data\wrk\.M760509.dbm.shm, requested size 81 2008-10-02 12:35:58 0x00000c3c ERR -24580 DBMSrv ERR_COMMAND_FAILED: Command 'inst_reg' has ended and failed with return code -24913. 0x00000c3c ERR -24913 DBMSrv ERR_SERVICEDB: Cannot register service database instance for C:\Program Files\sdb\7605 2008-10-02 12:35:58 0x00000c3c INF 226 DBMSrv DBM Server client disconnected: PID 2912 on computer sunflower.pha.co.za
I have successfully upgraded / installed 7.6.5.09 on other PCs with the same version of Windows.
please not that you must not use the dbmsrv.exe that I sent you for other purposes than testing.
Concerning the installation problem: This is fixed now, your new problems are not related to it. You can monitor the fixing of the installation problem [here|http://maxdb.sap.com/webpts?wptsdetail=yes&ErrorType=0&ErrorID=1159033].
Concerning the auto_extend problem (your 1st try):
It seems as if the host name "localhost" is not defined on sunflower. Please check file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (or equivalent). It must contain this line:
dbmcli -d MAXDB1 -u <user>,<pass> -n localhost
both before and after modifying the hosts file.
Concerning the load_systab problem (your 2nd try):
The environment variables TMP resp. TEMP don't seem to be set for the user account that runs the dbmsrv.exe. Please set them and make them point to a directory, where this user accour may read/write/execute.
If these proposals don't help, please open a new thread as this one is about a hanging installation...
Edited by: Marc-Philip Werner on Oct 28, 2008 11:58 AM