cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in connection to XI server in my desktop through VPN Connection.

former_member644654
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm facing a problem in connection to XI server in my desktop through VPN Connection. I'm using XI 3.0 version. i'm getting the home page of Integration. But when I select the Integration Builder: Design the Jar files are not getting downloaded through Java Web Start: j2sdk-1_4_2_13-nb-5_0-win-ml (Version). I get an error saying "Unable to Launch Integration Builder".

Please help me by providing me some information what can be done to rectify this problem.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Sreedhar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Ensure that you can ping the ip address as outlined above.

2. If you are using a DNS name to access the XI server then ensure that you host to ip lookup is configured in your local host file. Hosts file located in %SYSTEM%/system32/drivers/etc folder where %SYSTEM% is usually C:\Windows.

Open this file with notepad and add a line at the end according to your server:

3. Failing 2 above then If you know a proxy used in the network update it in Java Webstart. Start Java WS and then File -> Preferences and input the Proxy definition.

Thanks

Damien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This Blog will help you

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedhar,

Please try like this...

In ur dekstop if Java Web Start: j2sdk-1_4_2_13-nb-5_0-win-ml (Version) is installed or not. If it's Insatlled try to unInstall and try out once.

Regards,

Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First see if you can ping the server using the hostname and the ip-address from your VPN. (see below on how to ping)

If you can't ping the ip-address, it is a networking issue and you should refer to the network administrators.

I you can ping the ip-address but not the hostname then you must add the hostname to your hosts file (see below).

If you can ping both successfully, then try clearing you browser cache and then retry.

PS:

To do a ping click on your windows 'start' button click 'Run...' then type 'cmd' and click ok. Now type 'ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the ip address or 'ping hostname'.

To add to your hosts file: Open the file:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

in notepad and add the line:

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx hostname

where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the ip-address and hostname is the hostname of the XI server.

Regards,

Yaghya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedhar,

I think, this error is basically basis problem. try to contact the basis team.

Regards,

Sateesh