cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Master: Tax data in Sales: Sales Org 1 view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a new plant in Canada and I am extending my materials to the new plant.

In the material master: Tax data in Sales: Sales Org 1 view, I see tax data for both Canada and US (where my existing plant is).

1) Why is US tax data showing up in Tax data in the sales view? How do I delete it?

2) What are the implications of setting up new tax data such as here it is Canadian tax data? What is the configuration requirement to implement a new tax system such as for Canada?

I am relatively new to SD and taxation. Please help me out with this issue.

Sincerely,

Ketan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ketan

- Go to OX10, select the plant and see which country you have maintained.

- Next go to OVK1, select the origin country (that is Canada) and see what tax category you have maintained. It should have been CTX1 to CTX3

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

use T-code OVK1 to slove your issue....

regards

ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are extending the material don't delete the US tax data, just maintain your tax data for CANADA and extend sales org. view. If you delete the existing tax data it will have impact on taxation for US, if already this material is in use for US side pricing and billing have impact. Bottom line ...You shouldn't delete the existing tax data

Hope this helps..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SPRO->Sales & Distribution->Basic Functions->Tax->Assign tax condiion type to countries,

In that if you are using MWST for Canada and MWAS for US, then check if MWST is also assigned to US -if its assigned remove MWST from US then you can see only MWST for canada.

The same is visible as one tax condion,

Let me know once done.

Regards

Goutham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can goto FTXP and give the tax type as per your CANADA requirement.

And while maintaining condition records for the Taxes, you use this.

Check for the same in Sale order taxes it is picking. if not use Alternative tax classification.

Best Regards

SRI