cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I'm using Crystal report 11.5, Asp.Net2.0-C#.

I dynamically bind some records to Crystal Report. So i use these dll's

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.TemplateEngine

CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.Admin.FileServer

CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.Framework

CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.InfoStore

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommonObjectModel

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataDefModel

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataSetConversion

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ObjectFactory

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel

CrystalDecisions.ReportSource

CrystalDecisions.Shared

CrystalDecisions.Web

Now i want to deploy into the server. My leader said only msm should install in the server so never use that dll's so i install msm but it expects Licence Key but my leader said if it's msm then it'll not expect license key. In the server no dll's like above so my application never work.

My questions are:

1.Where from i can download MSM for Crystal Report11.5

2.Is Crystal Report 11.5(Service pack2) expects Licence key or not?

3.If i successfully installed MSM then how my project will work because i'm not added any dll and the msm also not having these dll's

Experts please help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would it be possible to check if the virtual directory in IIS has been created and configured properly?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alphonse,

Thanks for your response. The real problem is the dll files outside of bin folder i just move into bin folder now its workign fine. Thanks for your cooperation.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Visual Studio, during the creation of the setup, you will add the msm and this will automatically add the crystal report runtimes (managed dlls) because the msm contains the dll(s).

Go through the doc I advised you, it is explained in details how to do it in Visual studio (kind of tutorial)

Cheers

Alphonse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alphonse Kouassi,

Really thanks your quick respone.

http://devlibrary.businessobjects.com/BusinessObjectsXIR2SP2/en/devsuite.htm

Still now i not downloading teh document due to some problem. Anyway let me will download it if any question then ask you..

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since that link does not work for you, try the crsdk_net_doc.chm which should be installed on your development box at:

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Crystal Reports 11.5\Help\en\crsdk_net_doc\doc\

Once you have that file open, look for "Deployment" heading.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alphonse and Uher,

Thanks for your response.

This way i create a setup project

To add output files to the Web Setup Project

In Solution Explorer, right-click WebSetup1, point to Add, and then click Project Output....

In the Add Project Output Group dialog box, select Content Files.

Leave the Configuration as (Active).

To build the Web Setup Project

Select WebSetup1 in Solution Explorer.

From the Build menu, click Build WebSetup1.

The build process creates the following installer files: setup.exe and WebSetup1.msi.

To deploy the Web Setup Project

Outside of Visual Studio, navigate to the directory where your deployment project has been saved.

Double-click the WebSetup1 folder.

Open the Debug folder to find the files that were built by the Web Setup project.

Copy the .msi Windows Installer file to the target computer.

Distribute the Crystal reports that are used in the Web Site.

For more information about which binding scenarios require that you distribute report files, see Report Files.

On the target computer, double-click WebSetup1.msi to install the Web Site with Windows Installer.

To view the deployed Web Site, open a Web browser window on the target computer. Then type "http://localhost/WebSetup1" in the address bar.

Replace "localhost" with the name of your server

When i run this msi in another machine now it raise an error as

Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=11.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

so what i did is, this came to due crystal report msm is not installed in the destination machine so i added Primary Output to the setup project because if we are adding this then msm also automatically added to the msi, after this i compile the websetup then it raise an error as

Property 'Keycode' is non-nullable

Experts please give any solution how to solve these problems?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alphonse &Ludek Uher,

Now i solved that keycode problem.

Now i installed the msi in another machine afterthat i just browse that application but it raise an error like this

Server Error in '/DynamicCrystalReports_WebSetup1' Application.

-

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource

required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'DynamicCrystalReports._Default'.

Source Error:

*Line 1: <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs"

Inherits="DynamicCrystalReports._Default" %>*

Line 2:

Line 3: <%@ Register Assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web,

Version=11.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"

Source

File: /DynamicCrystalReports_WebSetup1/default.aspx Line: 1

-

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

Actually i have the default.aspx page, but i dont know why it raise this error, could you please help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alphonse,

Are you there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can download the latest msm for cr xi r2 (sp3) at https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100009656782008E/crxir2sp3_net_mm.zip

You can also download CR XI R2 SP2 MSM (https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006008232008E/crXIr2sp2_net_mm.zip

)

For documentation about how to perform deployment go to:

http://devlibrary.businessobjects.com/BusinessObjectsXIR2SP2/en/devsuite.htm

and under Crystal Reports .NET SDK -> NET Developer Guide and API Reference

you will see the Deployment topic.

During the creation of the setup, you will need to add the license key (refer to the advised doc)

If have usefully add msm to your setup project, the project will contains all the dll(s) required for crystal report to run. The msm contains crystal reportu2019s runtime files, so do not worry about that.

Cheers

Alphonse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alphonse Kouassi,

Thanks for your response. During setup creation, did i need to add my project with

all(above mentioned) dll's or just an msm and project dll

is enough.?