Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message class

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

in se91 we are creatimg nessages .for every message beside 1 chck box is there.(self explanatory). what is the meaning of tha check box.

Thanks

Gopi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check box is used to say the message is self explanatory or not. If the message is not self-explanatory, then a separate long text has to been maintained to see the detailed description of the message. By default, the Self-Explanatory check box would be checked.

If you want to test this, create a long-text for message by de-activating the self-explanatory option and save it. Then enable the Self-explanatory check box which would automatically prompt you to maintain or delete the existing long text for the message.

Regards,

Omkaram.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

The meaning for that Self-Explanatly is

You Dont need to Document that Message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check box is used to say the message is self explanatory or not. If the message is not self-explanatory, then a separate long text has to been maintained to see the detailed description of the message. By default, the Self-Explanatory check box would be checked.

If you want to test this, create a long-text for message by de-activating the self-explanatory option and save it. Then enable the Self-explanatory check box which would automatically prompt you to maintain or delete the existing long text for the message.

Regards,

Omkaram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thnak u for ur valuable replys.in which case we will go for self explanatory. generally i will give the message text .and i willl use the message no in programe.i never used the slef explanatory.pleae give me some exapmle.

thanks

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered