cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Make To Order planning consider any SNP/PPDS Horizons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys

Does Make To Order planning consider any SNP/PPDS Horizons unike the Make to Stock scenario planning?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both consider SNP/PPDS Horizon. In make-to-stock production, the PP/DS horizon is used to separate PP/DS from SNP. In PP/DS, no planned orders or purchase requisitions may be created for make-to-stock production that lie outside the PP/DS horizon. Similarly for example Project order used in make-to-order (MTO) production created in R/3 can be rescheduled in APO using PPDS functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response guys.

In RRP3 view, when I look at the Individual project segment demand, I do not see any SNP/PPDS Horizons. However, when I see the demands under the MTS segment, I can see the SNP/PPDS Horizons.

In MTS scenario, I understand that only those orders that falls within PPDS horizon are picked up by PPDS planning and orders outisde SNP horizon are picked up by SNP planning.

However, as MTO is purely PPDS planning, I am just wondering whether SNP or PPDS horizon comes into the picture in this scenario or not.

Further more, my primary concern in MTO scenario is, if PPDS horizon is taken into the picture ( which is usually in the near visible term and < SNP horizon, say 15 days), and as PPDS planning doesn't pick the demand in the MTO segment until the demand falls with in this horizon, aren't we not leveraging the full functionality of procurement planning, as PPDS plans the demand by picking it just before 15 days (in this example) of the original requirement date, and the company might not be able to fulfil the customer order as the replenishment time might be long for this particular product being procured/produced.

So, I am basically leaning towards an understanding that what ever demand that falls in the Individual Customer/Project segment (MTO), it will be picked up PPDS planning regard less of SNP/PPDS horizons.

Please advice, if my understanding is wrong and I would appreciate if you quote some examples which might help me better understand the scenario.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes both MTO and MTS considers SNP/PPDS Horizons .

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no difference. Both MTS and MTO consider horizons.

regards,

Alexander