cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom category

Former Member
0 Kudos

I what to how R/3 stock storage locations is mapped into APO. The requirement is to differenciate the stock between storage locations in APO.

For example, I have 2 stotrage locations RAW and FIN. Currently category CC is assigned to FIN. I created a custom category by copying CC. I want to know how map the custom category to the storage location RAW. Is it done through CIF?

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP APO uses Core Interface (CIF) integration model to transfer selected storage location MRP areas to SAP APO, where they are mapped automatically as independent locations.

For example, In the plant, there are the storage locations A to H. The storage locations D, E, and F make up the storage location MRP area 1, the storage locations G and H make up the storage location MRP area 2. The storage locations A, B, and C are not assigned to any MRP area. As a result of integration, there are three locations in SAP APO. These are the plant location and a location for the storage location MRP areas 1 and 2 respectively.

In SAP R/3, transaction data is assigned uniquely to one plant and one storage location. In SAP APO, plant and storage location together define a specific location. The transaction data for a product is automatically transferred to the corresponding location if the following prerequisites are fulfilled:

·The product is created in the location

·If the location is a storage location MRP area, the storage location MRP area must be integrated with SAP APO

If these prerequisites are not fulfilled, the transaction data is automatically transferred to the plant location

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can transfer storage location stock through CIF Integration Model.(CFM1,CFM3)

if you want to change category you can do it in APO by user exit "

APO:

APOCF011 Inbound Processing: Stock

APOCF027 Customer-Specific Enhancements: Stock

R/3 :

CIFSTK01:Enhancement for Transferring Customer-Specific Stock Field

Manish

Edited by: Manish Kumar Rathi on Oct 3, 2008 8:28 AM