cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset accounting go-live in two phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client want to go-live with asset accounting in two phases. Once they want to go with Asset Go live for Head office and second time for plants ( After 3-4 months). Both are defined as separate Business Area.

Can someone suggest me what could be the complications involved in it.

What will be asset data takeover date and what will be Company code status during that period.?

Regards,

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There will not be any problem in going in two phases. You can use same transfer date or with different transfer date for second phase.

After completion of first phase you need to change the transfer date.

The status of company code should be in 2 - test company code with data transfer always allowed.

However, you need to consider how to post acquisition/depreciation postings for remaining assets in the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

One more thing...Is it ok to keep company code in test status for say 6 months or more untill we go-live for the whole company code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand there is no problem in maintaining test status for company code.

We are using

This is basically a control to avoid discrepancies between asset accounting and general ledger, if we have not completed the following activities after creation of legacy assets.

The following activities consists of

- posting transfer balances to general ledger

- reconciliation of balances in AA and FI

- setting and resetting reconciliation accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx Ramesh.

But will it be possible to do the depreciation run before setting company code to production status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

When you want you can leave at for years as test company, it blocks noting. (I see with alot of customers after years that it is still in test moede)

You have a test option in the Company and the Asset accounting.

When the test is on you can in FI and AM run an reset program that delete all date from that company.

You only want to this in a test system. This blocked it to do it.

When asset accounting is in test it is in that fiscal year still possible to do AS91.. and you don't want this.

When you take out AS91/ AS92 out of the authorization you have the same result

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Paul.