Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append Structure to MARA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Z structure already appended to MARA in production system.

Now in Development system, I added two more fields to the Z structure that is already appended to MARA.

I activated the Z structure and activated MARA. I can see the two new fields added to MARA. And MARA is fully active.

Z structure is also fully active.

Now, from Development system i moved this transport to Quality system. The transport log shows it was transported succesfully. I can see the two fields added to MARA and the MARA table is fully active. I can see the Z structure also fully active.

The problem here is when i create a material in Quality using MM01, it throws a dump that says 'The ABAP runtime system detected that the Dictionary-type "MARA_UEB" changed during the flow of the transaction. As the type was already used in older version and in the new type should be used in the same transaction in the new version, the transactoin had to be cancelled to avoid inconsistensies." And actually, many MM related transactions go for dump.

This problem occurs only in Quality system. The same thing works in sandbox, Development systems.

Can anybody help me out to overcome this problem ?

Also, please note that i have done SE14 activate and adjust database.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plese check if the request was properly transported or not.

Goodluck,

Bhumika

0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

Yes, the transport was was successfull and i can see the fields in mara. and mara is active.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please Log off the sap client system and login again and try to create the material.

Thanks,

Naveen kumar.

Edited by: Naveen Kumar Maddi on Oct 10, 2008 11:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry to say: but a good example why people shouldn't just modify standard SAP tables just because they can.

asik_shameem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In SE14, Check Database Object is consistent or not by clicking the CHECK button in the Application tool bar.

It should be consistent. And Database object fields and Runtime object fields must be same.

~Asik.