cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW hierarchy in crystal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using a crystal on top of a BEX query where I defined a hierarchy variable. The hierarchy variable works fine except that it displays a list of values instead of a hierarchy display.

I did a test and it is displayed as a hierarchy on webi and voyager.

Is there a way to change the display of the variable?

Thanks,

Gabriel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

I don't know what is wrong with my version (I tried on 2 different installations), and it doesn't work. Maybe, I should upgrade to the 3.1 version. Are you using the 3.0 version?

Gabriel

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

you want to display the report in a hierarchical way or you want to display the list of values for the hierarchy variable in a tree style ?

if it is the report then take a look here:

In case it is the variable: that is currently only possible in BusinessObjects Enterprise. Crystal Reports is displaying a flat list

Ingo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already display my report as a tree, but I would have liked also to be able to filter with a hierarchy variable. But I can now see that it is not possible with crystal. I will have to wait for a next release...

Thanks for our help,

Gabriel

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for sure you can use a hierarchy or a hierarchy node variable in Crystal Reports.

the only difference is that the hierarchy node values are not being displayed as a tree control in the actual Crystal Reports designer

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Igo but the display of the vairable is my problem!

It is very difficul for the users to use a hierarchy variable displayed as a flat list. In webi and voyager, the hierarchy variables are displayed as in BW, so I was expecting the same bahaviour with Crystal. Obiously, I will have to wait for a next release to display hierarchy variables in a correct way.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just to make sure : when you publish the report the user will get a hierarchical display of the values in InfoView for the prompt. its only in the CR Designer itself where you see a flat list right now

ingo

adil_madid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Have a look at Ingo's blog :

Regards,

Adil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I already read all his blogs but I can't see where is defined how to display a hierarchy variable as a hierarchy, any Idea?

Thanks,

Gabriel

sylvainchevalle
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Publish the report to BO Enterprise and call the report on demand. You should see the hierarchy node displayed as requested. I am not sure but I believe that there is a limitation on the Crystal Report Designer when working with BW Hierarchy variable.

Regards,

Sylvain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sylvain,

But it didn't work in our case (static parameter). Are you working with a static or dynamic variable?

Gabriel

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

I assume you want to use a hierarchy variable. When the hierarchy variable is in the BI query Crystal Reports will be able to leverage it.

Perhaps I did not fully understood the problem - if so feel free to desribe the details here.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I succeed to use a hierarchy variable and it worked fine in crystal (and webi, voyager...). My only issue to display the values in the variable as a hierarchy and not as a list of values (I would like to see the nodes with "+" as it is displayed in BEX, webi and voyager).

Do you know if it is possible to do it?

Thanks,

Gabriel

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the Crystal Reports designer it is right now a flat list.

When you publish the report to businessObjects Enterprise the list of values will be displayed in a tree control in InfoView

Ingo