cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Guru,s

When I raise the Sales order if the stock is available Delivery ....Billing......happen its a normal senario..........

My Question is When u Raise the Sales order for Same Material if Stock is not available its automatically converted as TPO...in sales order level i need iteam catogery TAS.....automatically....

For this senario how we configure any settings are there.........please tell me..........

I know the TPO process..............

Thanks in advance..........

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't delivery the goods ordered by your customer due to Shortage of stock at that time you will create a purchase Order to your vendor and ask him to send the goods to your Customer.

Vendor delivers the goods to your customer and bills you.

Third-party items can be created automatically by the system, depending on how your system is set.

However, you can also change a standard item to a third-party item during sales processing manually.

If a material is always delivered from one or more third-party vendors, you can specify in the material master that the material is a third-party item.

During subsequent sales order processing, the system automatically determines the appropriate item category for a third-party item: TAS.

To specify a material as a third-party item, enter BANS in the Item category group field in the Sales 2 screen of the material master record.

In the case of a material that you normally deliver yourself but occasionally need to order from a third-party vendor, you can overwrite the item category during sales order processing.

For a material that you normally deliver yourself, you specify the item category group NORM in the material master.

If, as an exception, you use a third-party material, change the entry TAN to TAS in the ItCa field when processing the sales document. The item is then processed as third-party item.

Plus in the material master also you need to do certain settings.

1) If you are always following a third party process for a material then you have to create the material using item category group BANS. The procurement type should be marked as external procurement (F) in MRP 2 view of the material master record.

2) If you are not always allowing third party order processing then you can create a material master record with item category group as NORM and the procurement type should be marked as (X) meaning both types of procurement (in house manufacturing and external procurement).

In the item category the billing relevance should be 'F'. Order related billing document.

Thanks

Bhushan

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If Item Category Determination, assign both Item Categories..

i.e., default item category as TAN

and Manual Item Category as TAS.

Now u may manually change as per your req.

But i don't think that there's a way to find automatically in case of stock shortage...

Regards,

Venkatesh.S.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Third party Process,

If u maintain item category group as BANS in Material master, it will automatically generate the item catagory as TAS(3rd Party Item Category) in the Sale Order. .

Purchase requisition can also be created automatically if Shedule line catagory CS settings have the order type as NB ,item catagory as 5 and account assignment catagory as X .

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Thanks,

Venkatesh.S.P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u Bhushan..

Regularly Delivered material( Iteam catogery group NORM)

if the stock is not available without any manual changes neither Material master nor salesorder level(TAN to TAS)..I need automatically...any settings are there...........

thank u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my opinion, I dont think it could be possible with standard settings.

Maintaining one Material Master, how u could make the system to determine different Item Categories for same material i.e. same material will have to behave as a standard item and also as a third party item ?

Gurus!!!!!! Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u for quick reply..........

I know third party process..................

My question is Eg:Material 100 finished product.....if the stock available..iwill do delivery.....Billing......Noproblem......here Iteam categerygroup ..NORM....

Same Material (100) if the stock is not available...its automatically convered into ThirdParty order without manual changes in material master as BANS.....

please .....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anjaneyulu

For third party sales, material item category grp should be BANS

For purchase requisition from sales order item category would be TAB

Regards

Deepu Pillai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

What do you mean by stock is not available? For what date you want to check the stock availability? I hope you know the concept of availability check. If the materials are externally procured, a PO will be raised automatically. The replenishment lead time is maintained in material master MRP2 view. There you maintain either In-house production time (for interally produced items) or planned delivery time & GR processing time for externally procured items. Basing on these settings, system will automatically raise either a production order or a purchase order. And then it will take the replenishment lead time & propose a confirmed delivery date.

Now coming to your question, check if in the MM03 --> MRP 2 --> Procurement type. If it is E, tehn it is inhouse production. If it is F it is externally procered. If it is X, then it is both types.

When you select X, you also need to customize till what date availability should be checked sothat beyond that time, system will automatically raise a PO.

Check with your ABAPer if the logic could be included in MV45AFZZ, in the include that does availibility check. In the logic you need to specify that if the stock is not available today or on requested delivery date, then the system should automatically raise a PO. Else confirm the quantity & delivery date.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in Third party scenario in Material master item catagory group is BANS automatically ur item catagory will be TAS .

even purchase requisition will create automatically because in in schedule line catagory CS settings order type NB ,item catagory 5 account assignment catagory 1 because of these settings PR will be created.

I hope it will help full for u

Best regards,

venkataswamy.y