cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading 0ic_c03 for the first time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have BI 7.0 installed and we are trying to load data into 0IC_C03 cube using 2lis_03_BX, 2lis_03_BX and 2lis_03_UM data sources. Iin our r/3 system, we have data from 1997. I loaded data into the cube from these data sources. But, the issue is that the quantity (Valuated Stock Qty) is showing negitive for most of the past months in the BW report. These should not be negative and I don't know why.

These are the steps that I took for loading:

locked the r/3 system from users

created "Opening Stocks" using the transaction MCNB (BX).

Executed OLI1BW (material movements) for the period of 1/1/2006--> 10/3/2008. (BF)

Executed OLIZBW (Revaluation) for the period of 1/1/2006--> 10/3/2008 (UM)

Loaded data into BW for BX and compressed the data in 0IC_C03 without marker update.

Loaded data for BF and compressed the data in 0IC_C03 with marker update.

Loaded data for UM and compressed the data in 0IC_C03 with marker update.

Then, I ran a query and looked at the Valuated stock qty and they are showing up as negative for all the numbers in the past... Some are 0's.

One thing I noticed after loading BW with BX data, the date field in the cube had the day of the Openinig stock for the all the records (10/2/2008). Should they all have the same dates in the cube?

Any help will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sam,

I think you've got the marker update option wrong.

This is what you wrote:

Loaded data into BW for BX and compressed the data in 0IC_C03 without marker update. This request should be compressed with marker update as it carries the opening stock balance.

Loaded data for BF and compressed the data in 0IC_C03 with marker update. This should be compressed without marker update as this carries all the historical material movement. I'm assuming that this request is for historical data

Loaded data for UM and compressed the data in 0IC_C03 with marker update. This should be compressed without marker update as this carries all the historical revaluation date. I'm assuming that this request is for historical data

After these three steps are done, perform the normal delta load. And delta load should be compressed with marker update (don't check "no marker update") only if you would like to compress the infocube. Else you can leave them uncompressed.

Remember, the first three initial requests (BX, BF and UM) must be compressed with the correct marker update option.

This SAP doc is pretty helpful:

http://help.sap.com/bp_biv270/documentation/HowToInventoryNW.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am very sorry... I did compress BX (with marker update); BF and UM (without marker update). I just typed them wrong in the above message.

I still have the issue of numbers being negative.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

It is problem with BX datadata and Marker Update.

After BX data loading and compression cube should contain records with latest date(today or future). and also record type(available in datapaket dimension) should be 1. For Zero no records should be available.

After loading BF and UM, and no marker update we should get records record type Zero.

Even i faced the same problem. I think some thing related to support pack level.

I solved this problem by not loading BX data. As we are loading all moments, we no need to load BX data.

Just setup, BF and UM and loading into BW, and Compress with Marker update. Your stock matches with R/3(TCode: MC.1 or MB5b....ect).

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srini,

I did compress BX (with marker update); BF and UM (without marker update). I just typed them wrong in the above message.

Are you saying that we don't need to load BX. If that's the case, do I need to load all of BF and UM from the source system. What happens when I specify to only bring data within posting date 1/1/2007 and 10/31/2008? What happens to all the transactions before 1/1/2007? Will the quantity be correct if I don't bring all transactions from r/3? I am just confused about this one.

Thanks for your help.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you just do BF and UM? Did you perform a collapse after loading BF? Without marker update still?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sam,

Above case(Only BF & UM and no BX), when you are loading all moments(all transactions).

In this case simply load BF and UM and compress with Marker Update(no check box).

If you want to load opening stock till certain dates and need to pull moments after that, you surely needed BX for opening stock and BF for moments.

In this case, load BX and compress with marker update and check data in cube first based on record type.

Then load BF and UM for same period and compress without marker update.

Regarding compression and marker update, please check following notes: 643687, 823951, 589024, 1052648, 571669, 607710, 630254, 637927,

Hint: Check data in cube after BX loading(before & after compression). and also run report after BX load and check.

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini,

we are on a BI 7.0 system. Yes, we decided to use BX, BF, and UM. In the BX DTP, I am using the extraction mode "Initial non-cumulative for non-cumulative....". Is this correct? After loading BX, when I check the cube contents, it showing no records. Why is that? I also looked at the cube after compressing with marker update and no data still. Where is the data being kept for BX?

For BF and UM, we are specifing posting dates 1/1/2007 to 10/6/2008 (today). Which posting dates should I put in? Does the posting date "to" needs to be 12/31/9999 instead of 10/6/2008? I compress w/o marker update for BF and UM. The valuated stock quantity field in BW is little off for most of the materials. I am not sure what's causing this. I also tried loading it to 12/31/9999 and still the valuated stock quantity doesn't match with the r/3 system.

By the way, is there "how to" guide for inventory for BI 7.0?

Thanks again for your help.

Sam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I have used the extraction mode "Initial non-cumulative for non-cumulative.for loading BX, the cube contents, shows no records. Please let me know if you got the solution.

regards

raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

We got the solution. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

Plz tell me clearly how u solved this plbm of getting -ive value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ranjan / Raghav,

You will have to load BF data also before you can see any data in the cube.

The order of the loads are: BX, BF, UM...

henry_jones
Participant
0 Kudos

So your solution was to load BX, BFand then UM. I'm doing the same thing but it's not helping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's your problem? Seeing negatives?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I am facing the same problem as yours. If you still remember, can you pls tell me how did you solve the problem?

I loaded BX first, compressed with Marker update. Then BF was loaded. Compressed without marker update.

Now in the report it shows -ve values and zeroes for total valuated quantity in many of the records.

Plz help,

Regards,

BIJESH

0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We have implemented BI 7.0 with the latest support package as of 1st May 2011. Issues are coming relavent to 0IC_C03 infocube for inventory control. I have followed the how to guideline but issues are there.

I have done all the steps in the how to do note but issues persist. If i were to just follow the 2LIS_3_BF & 2LIS_3_UM Scenario and not follow 2LIS_3_BX, do i have to make some changes in the transformations and infosources for the Infocube 0IC_C03.

Kindly Give me a feedback even though this question is answered.

regards,

Shahzad