cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM36/sm37

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to schedule a report for background processing. for the entire period jan to til date

1. spool request got generated but it dosen't contain all the result for entire period.

only (say 1 month data is getting displayed -i pressed even next page icon but dosen't work out)

- how to make spool to display entire period result.

2. is it possible to get the output to excel file & get it saved on desktop -by background job scheduling.

if so where can we specify this

Pl suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> 2. is it possible to get the output to excel file & get it saved on desktop -by background job scheduling.

> if so where can we specify this

> Pl suggest.

Yes, you can. But after the spool request is created, display it and in the next screen choose menu "spool request" and "save" it to local file. While prompted, select "Spread Sheet".

Note: this will work if you have authorization to save the contents to local files.

Regards,

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thx for replyin

1. my question is suppose if i run the report for 1 year period in background , spool is getting generated,

but in spool it is showing only the result for 1 month period only, i'm unable to see the result for the entire 1 year. ( i pressed even page up/down icon also)

2. is there any way to get the result automatically to excel file instead of creation of spool request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)There may be two posibilities here,

i) first the data which you have requested must be present in the system, if it is present it is

collected, and should be displayed in the spool request content.

ii) There may be display setting problem, to check this please check the spool request display settings...

Display your spool request in sp01

select the spool request>Menu>Goto->Display request>Settings

Here in the Display Area, give from page 1 to page 100 ( or a higher number)

but this may a take a lot of time to display the whole thing.

2) Regarding getting the result automatically to an excel, I think this needs to be incorporated in the Program which you use.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following SAP Note and proceed according to pt # e mentioned in the note, this should solve your problem.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/7140

- Regards, Dibya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

did you get an answer on how exporting a list to excel automaticaly on your PC or a network location? I have exactly the same problem...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you will not get spool request report for entire month till u do not delete your standard job SAP_REORG_SPOOL.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Nope this background job just deletes the older spool request. The requirement over here is to get the entire months data in a single spool request and not the spool requests for the entire month.

Hence,if he is not able to see the entire report in the spool on screen best is to download it probably in a pdf format.

Regards, Dibya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can download a spool request as a pdf as well. Do the following:

1. SE38 -> RSTXPDFT4 -> execute

2. In the first screen give the spool request #, you will get the spool request # in SP01. And then enter the filename of the pdf you want it to be downloaded as.

3. Save it to your dektop and view it as a pdf.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Dibya