cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Tree structure display in Webdynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am very new to webdynpro ABAP , I was asked to implement some functionalities of RWBE transaction in webdynpro , in RWBE transaction list can be displayed as Tree structure , in webdynpro how i can implement this ? using ALV UI element is it possible . Please help .

Regards,

Ratheesh BS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ratheesh,

You can implement this functionality in ALV. Just go through this [blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/user-interface-technology/wd%20abap/alv%20and%20standard%20table%20as%20hierarchy%20in%20web%20dynpro%20abap.pdf], "ALV and Standard Table as Hierarchy in Web Dynpro ABAP" by Abhimanyu Lagishetty. If you want to just get some information about implementing a normal Tree then you can refer to these 2 blogs: [Blog1|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/7755] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; & [Blog2|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4465] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Hope this helps resolve your problem.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Thanks for the help, I want to display data as in the RWBE transaction ( Tree structure display ) . Is it possible to display the list as in the R/3 transaction ?

Ratheesh

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Saying that you want to display something like RWBE transaction is not sufficient description. You can't assume that everyone is familiar with this transaction, as many of us many not even work on whatever application this transaction is part of.

You have been given several suggestions on how to implement tree structures as ALV or tables. There is also a TREE UI element that you could consider. Without more details on your requirements or specific questions about the hierarchy implementation, I'm not sure if you will be able to receive much more help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I need an output like the below

<material number a1 a2 a3

< plant b1 b2 b3

. org c1 c2 c3

<material number A1 A2 A3

is it possible to show the output as in this format using ALV ?.

I have tried with the help provided by SDN , but not succeed .

also i need to capture double click event and show the currosponding result in a seperate view.

here material number is the parent node , plant and org were child nodes

Regards,

Ratheesh BS

Edited by: Ratheesh Bhaskaran on Oct 7, 2008 4:22 PM

Edited by: Ratheesh Bhaskaran on Oct 7, 2008 4:26 PM

Edited by: Ratheesh Bhaskaran on Oct 7, 2008 4:29 PM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You probably can not easily reproduce that structure in the ALV. The thing about the hierarchy in the ALV and Table is that all the columns after the hierarchy have to be the same for each level. You acutally use a flat context structure for the data binding. Therefore unless A1..A3, B1...B3, and C1...C3 are the same columns (seems unlikely) this won't work. If they are all character based you can try to "fake" this by copying all the data together into one flat structure.

You could use the full Tree UI element to acomplish this. Keep in mind, however, that there isn't a column tree like in classic dynpro. Therefore all the data in separate columns would have to be displayed in a single text description area.

In short, there isn't really a direct way to replicate this UI construct in Web Dynpro yet.

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

In wd-abap we have 2 UI elements named TreeByKeyTableColumn and TreeByNestingTableColumn for displaying data in the form of tree. You can use them. I am not sure about ALV. For the functionality of TreeByKeyTableColumn and TreeByNestingTableColumn you can go thru

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/21/ad884118aa1709e10000000a155106/content.htm

and also use WDR_TEST_EVENTS as a reference prog.

regards

arjun