cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: N authorization to start service sap.com/pcui_gp~xssutils/XssMenu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to configure ESS in our NetWeaver 2004s Portal. On the ECC backend system, we have added the SAP_ESSUSER_ERP role to the users. When the users logon to the Portal and access the Overview page, they get the error: "You do not have the authorization to start service sap.com/pcui_gp~xssutils/XssMenu."

Based on my search in the forums so far, I understand that this error might possibly have something to do with permissions with WebDynpro related services on the Portal, but have no idea on how the permissions can be given?

Questions:

1. how do we assign WebDynpro service permission on the Portal?

2. do we need to configure any WebDynpro services at the ECC backend system?

Based on the defaultTrace.trc on the Portal, I doubt there is anything that we need to setup in ECC backend since the first few lines of the error refer to what I assume is a Portal component:

"Date : 10/02/2008

Time : 20:11:18:982

Message : You do not have the authorization to start service sap.com/pcui_gp~xssutils/XssMenu.

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.java.FPMRuntimeException: You do not have the authorization to start service sap.com/pcui_gp~xssutils/XssMenu.

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.java.MessageManager.raiseException(MessageManager.java:111)

at "

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to provide End user permissions (by assigning Eu_group) to the End User content folder in Portal Content.

Make sure to check the box corresponding to end-user and assign read permissions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You for your reply, Anil. The necessary read and end-user permissions have been given, but the problem persists...

Former Member
0 Kudos

New revelations! When I get BASIS to temporarily grant me the SAP_ALL profile in ECC backend, the ESS Business Package content shows up correctly. I now know that my ESS users are missing the necessary authorizations/roles in ECC backend, but I have no idea what authorizations/roles.

Can anyone tell me what roles should be assigned to the ESS users?

p/s: the SAP_ESSUSER_ERP05 role has already been assigned, but apparently, it is not enough.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, according to /message/1602900#1602900 [original link is broken], we will need to add S_SERVICE authorization to the ESS users. The question is: how do we add the S_SERVICE authorization object? I tried to use the t-code PFCG to add/search for S_SERVICE, but nothing was returned.

Can anyone help me out with assigning S_SERVICE to a user account/role?

Thank You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, s_service authorization object is required for fetching the data using RFC's.

Goto suim tcode, search by authorization object and assign it specified users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anil. We created a new role and assigned the S_SERVICE authorization to the role. We are waiting for our BASIS person to assign the role to our test account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our BASIS person was not able to assign the created role to our user. Role assignments are typically done through Solution Manager. However, the created role does not seem to appear on the Solution Manager. In any case, this has gone to the BASIS for further investigations. Once S_SERVICE is assigned, I truly believe that the users should be able to access the relevant Business Package content. Thanks again Anil.

Answers (0)