cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in execution of add-on

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created an application.I have edited the form of item master.I have added a button on this form and on the click event I am adding inspection parameters.

This application runs in debug mode but when I created add-on it gives error as,

The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume that your addon is not even connecting to the client, right? I get a message like that if I try to run a Release version of my program via the debug option in Visual Studio and I think you can have that problem in just the opposite situation.

Did you compile the addon using the Debug configuration instead of the Release configuration? If you're executable is still compiled for debug mode, it may be trying to send the debug connection string to the client, which won't work when you have installed the addon and are starting it up inside the client.

Edited by: John Chadwick on Oct 3, 2008 4:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

I complied the application in release mode.Then I copied the exe from Release folder and created add-on.Still it gives same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip Kumbhar,

Do you have the connection string to the client in the source code?

If you have set it up in the source code, just move it in the Properties, Debug, Command Line arguments, but only in the Debug mode, not in the Release mode and then use:

SboGuiApi.Connect(System.Convert.ToString(Environment.GetCommandLineArgs().GetValue(1)));

Let me know if this helped.

Irina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

Thanks for spending u r valuable time in helping.

The problem was with SBO_Application object.For this application I am using to class files clsDetails and clsEditItem.I had declared the SBO_Application in both the files.clsEditItem is called first and then clsEditItem.SBO_Application works fine in clsEditItem but when it is declared again in clsEditItem it gave above error.So I created a module as

Module CommonFunctions

Public WithEvents SBO_Application As SAPbouiCOM.Application

Private Sub SBO_Application_ItemEvent(ByVal FormUID As String, ByRef pVal As SAPbouiCOM.ItemEvent, ByRef BubbleEvent As Boolean) Handles SBO_Application.ItemEvent

End Sub

End Module

I hadled the events of SBO_Application object in this module