cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate 3rd party Authentication service and Portal!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Am trying to integrate a 3rd party authentication service with Portal. The service is kind of a site minder agent which can provide user info as header variables in the HTTP response. The project landscape is EP 7.0 and ECC 6.0 server.We do have SSO between EP & ECC thru Logon Tickets.

How can I extend the single sign on, so user has to login to the 3rd party product only but still they can access EP & ECC. Is it possible to do it without any custom development?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can replace the standard login component with your own by changing the authschemes.xml file. You can read about Authentication Schemes here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/EN/1a/3afd4e641b8f42ac07bb77fe30375b/frameset.htm

In general you'll create your own component that redirects to your 3rd party logon to replace the standard login UI.

Alon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alon

I think I can use one of the standard scheme, "header"for my requirement. In case my 3rd party service gives th ID as header variable, can the portal generate logon ticket and take care of all SSO.

I am all confused what are the modifications need to be done. Can you pls provide the detailed steps to be done..

Also how do i redirect the Portal login to the 3rd party logon module.

Thanks again

Aakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

any help on how to configure portal for single sign on & subsequent generate a logon ticket based on a header variable setnt by 3rd Party service.

Thanks

Aakash