Did you mean: 

Copy Objects from SWCV1 to SWCV2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need your help friends in following scenario:

SWCV1----

> SWCV2

I need to copy all objects( Data types to Interface mappings ) from Software component version 1 (SWCV1) to

Software component version 2.

I have created new namspace in SWCV 2. I want to copy all the objects into that namespace.

Kinldy tel me how to acheive this part.

Kindly update me in SWCV2 due i need to change the following checkboxes at bottom of the Page while copying the objects:

Object are Original Objects are modifyl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just use Release transfer.Tools->Release transfer

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I need to copy all objects from SWCV1 to SWCV2 in the new namespace.

Can i use copy objects or Release transfer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Copy the Namespace With in the Same SWCV

If we want to copy the namespace with in the same SWCV means create the new Namespace & we have to copy the Objects Individually. And Change the Namespace in newly copied Message Type with new Namespace. So that this will reflect in MM. select the new Message type in the new message mapping. Otherwise Error may come.

Copy the Namespace Between Two SWCV

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e8/e8573ba5f13048be50532fc3fcea9c/content.htm

REgards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

You can use either Copy Object or Release Transfer to copy all objects from any namespace in SWCV1 to any namespace in SWCV2.

if you are using Copy Object then while coping interface objects(i.e. data types, message types and message interfaces etc.) check the With all dependent objects box, which will copy all dependent objects of any object at a time.

Regards

Sankar Choudhury

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i copy a Data type object( ClientRecordResponse ) from namespace of SWCV1 to new new namespace which i have created in SWCV2.

It gives me following mesage:

Check Result for Object ClientRecordResponse Referenced objects from other namespaces are not copied

Kindly tell me how to solve this asap.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can always do this by copy objects, I can't understand what is the problem you are facing in that.

in PI 7.1 you have one more option of folder, and one check box saying copy with all dependent object..