Error message CRW32
Installed Crystal reports on new machine getting error message CRW32.
1. What is the version of Crystal Reports that you are using?
2. Are you using Dual Monitors? (If yes then switch to the Primary Monitor)
3. Is DEP Switched off?
Data Execution Prevention (DEP) has been introduced in Windows 2003 Service Pack 1 and Windows XP Service Pack 2. DEP prevents Crystal Reports from accessing parts of the computer's memory.
By default, DEP is enabled in Windows 2003 Service Pack 1 and Windows XP Service Pack 2. If the computer's processor supports DEP, Crystal Reports will not run on these platforms. If DEP is not supported by the processor, Crystal Reports will run on these platforms.
To work around this error message, disable DEP by performing the following steps:
1. Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
2. Double-click 'System'. The u2018System Propertiesu2019 dialog box appears.
3. Click the 'Advanced' tab.
4. Click 'settings' under 'performance'.
5. Click the 'Data Execution Prevention' tab
6. Select ' Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:u2019
7. Click 'Add'.
8. Browse for the application CRW32.exe. This file is located in:
C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Crystal Reports 11\
9. Select CRW32.exe and click 'Apply'.
10. Click 'OK' to close the 'System Properties' dialog box.
11. Log on as an Administrator and start Crystal Reports.
For more information on DEP, search the Microsoft Knowledge Base for article 875351.
When exactly do you get this error message occurs?
4. Is the Antivirus switched off?
5. Are you logged in as Local Administrator?