Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of BAPI_USER_CREATE1 in a CUA environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We're trying to create users using function BAPI_USER_CREATE1 from a child client in a CUA environment (SAP ECC 6.0). The goal is to grant access to the user into the same child client.

When using the function, the return message says the user has been created successfully, but the user only exists in the child client and not the CUA client.

My understanding of the function BAPI_USER_CREATE1 was it would first create the user in the central CUA client, then assign the child client to the user profile created in the central system. This assumption is based on the code in BAPI_USER_CREATE which is called by BAPI_USER_CREATE1.

My BASIS support suggested specifying the CUA client as the RFC destination, but this results in an authorization error. "You are not authorized to create users in group".

Could anyone shed some light on the correct method to use BAPI_USER_CREATE1 from a child client in a CUA system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Browne,

Chk out the link below:-

[http://www.immagic.com/eLibrary/ARCHIVES/GENERAL/SAP_DE/S050921X.pdf]

Thanks,

Saby..

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Browne,

Chk out the link below:-

[http://www.immagic.com/eLibrary/ARCHIVES/GENERAL/SAP_DE/S050921X.pdf]

Thanks,

Saby..

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Browne,

make sure, that you cua is configurated properly.

The BAPI_USER_CREATE1 will create the new user in the cua central system too and afterwards distribute it back to the origianl child system. Of course the RFC-user in the connection to the central system needs sufficient rights. Simply start an auth.-trace (ST01) for the RFC-user used in the 'back'-connection in CUA central system and then create a user in the child system with BAPI_USER_CREATE1.

Check if there are some auth.-checks failing in the central system.

If nothing arrives, check again the configuration. Is the correct connection linked to the logical name of the central system? does it point to the correct (central ) system? etc.

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

We were able to resolve some authorization issues and I was able to create users by specifying the RFC destination. It doesn't work for us if we don't specify a destination, which to me is strange because I thought the function was designed to handle situations like this.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

Hi,

could you tell me how did you call this FM specifying the RFC destination. because i think if you call this FM from child system with RFC destination, then the user will be created only in the RFC destination (CUA) no?

because i have to do the same think with also cteation of the roles.

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.