cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button Sizing problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I developed a Web Dynpro application (runs inside portal as iView)and there 6 buttons on left side of the view inside a group. The width for the buttons are maintained at 110px so that the displayed buttons are of equal size.

All is well in my laptop, on server and any computer within our network. However, when the application is accessed from our client's network, the buttons are of unequal size.

Then I tested by maintaining the container width which holds the button elements and / or group width but with no success. I tried changing the font size, unicode,etc on browser, again no success.

To reiterate my point, the application works okay within our network and my laptop and on the server. The username used to access the portal is the same. The browser is of IE6 sp2.

1) Any ideas on how to rectify this. Why it is behaving correctly in some systems and not on other systems?

Any early help is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Raju Datla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

I've been thinking about this problem, but after a while i came to the conclusion that this is allmost not possible.

If your button text fits the buttonsize, all buttons must have the same size.

Sorry but can't help you with this problem!

Greetz

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Danny,

Regards,

Raju

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed this as it is very old issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raju,

This is a WD rendering bug.

WD team using <A> HTML element for rendering buttons. This is a non-block element. So it is forbidden to apply width / height to it (such CSS settings should be ignored). IE, known for its quirks and tricks, displays it correctly in some versions, others (Mozilla, Opera, probably some IE versions) ignore "width" settings and size element by content.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Valery,

I can understand when some thing is working in IE but not in other browsers or different versions of IE. But the problem is it is IE6 sp2 in both locations. There might be minor patch differences. It is working okay in one location but not at other location.

As the functionality is working okay, the client may not complain. Otherwise, I may have to introduce some spaces to make the same width.

Regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean at both locations it is same IE on same OS? Probably IE for XP and IE for other windows are different?

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is the same IE and the same OS(XP Professional)

Raju