cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Calling RFC FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using RFC -> PI->HTTP scenario. PI will get the data from R/3 via RFC Function module.

When we call the program that calls this Function module in R/3 using destination as PI Server, we get the following error

"JCO.Server could not find server function

We did all the configuration that is mentioned

-Create TCP/IP Connection with program ID

-Use this same program ID in the Sender RFC CC

Register this program ID in JCO in PI

Still we are getting this error in form of dump in R/3

Normally when we use the RFC Function module, the FM should exists in both source & target. Does this also required in case of PI because the dump on PI says Function cannot be found in the library.

Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check the RFC Destination. Is it working fine. Check Remote-logon.

Also for sender RFC, check two things.

1) First step is Register your ProgramId using activating the communication channel(XI). You should be able to see it in smgw(R/3)

smgw->Goto->Looged on Clients(Check it here)

2) Then use this registered programid in your RFC Destination,in R/3 (it is Case-Sensitive).

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replying. We are using Async RFC call to send data to HTTP ( RFC-XI-HTTP) , whihc means that there is no response to RFC. A SAP program will push the data into XI via RFC table parameter. I have imported the BAPI, but i have 2 see 2 things request & response.

When we push the data from SAP, there is Dump coming in SAP. In XI, I get the system error

Error 500: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is: java.rmi.RemoteException: ; nested exception is: javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is: psdi.util.MXApplicationException

The interface XXXXX or adapter SAP2005 is invalid

Also there is Response window, attached to message which also has same error. We do not need Response, and it is only ASYNC call. How to solve this error. any suggestion is appreciated

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

there might be two problems...

1) check whether u have Created RFC destination of Type 'T'. properly from ECC to Xi,

2)RFC u r Login credentails having Remote user Authorizations in the RFC destination From ECC to XI.

proerly follow these steps

To make ur TCP/IP RFC destination work, follow steps as below,

1. Enter information like, gateway host, gateway service which you can find using transaction smgw.

2. Select Registered Program Id option button and enter any string as a program id.

3. Now go for configuring communication channel. Provide same parameters for Gateway, Gateway Service and Program Id.

Provide rest all required info like application server, system number, user name , password etc.

4. Now activate your communication channel.

5. Go back to your RFC Destination and now test your connection. It should be working.

Before testing your RFC destination, don't forget to ACTIVATE your communication channel.

try to use FM which sending some on execution....

Thanks,

Madhav

Note: Points If Useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying. I have done all this settings & found that becuase of mapping error in PI, I am getting dump in SAP.

Is this normal? How can we deattached 2 systems. When the RFC is called SAP pushes the data into SAP. I have not configured the response but still it looks like BAPI is expecting response. How can we remove this.

Also how can we handle this error in SAP not to fail when there is problem in PI

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you import the function module into IR or did you create the request and response structures of FM in XI manually?