cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in DTP creation for a flat file datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN friends,

Please if somebody can give me a help with this, it will be very appreciate.

I have a DTP to load attributes master data into an infoobject. The master data comes from a flat file (data source flat file) .

The extraction mode is full, when I try to modify any selection in the "Update" tab, a message "Enter valid value" shows, but it doesn't give me any hint about which is the wrong value that must be checked.

The message ID is 00 002 and the and the text is the following

Enter a valid value

Message no. 00002

Procedure

Display the allowed values with F4 and correct your entry.

I think it may be something related to the flatfile datasource. Are there any special considerations to create a DTP to upload master data from a flat file?

Thanks so much for your attention and best regards,

Karim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Note 1171462 - Error while maintaining DTP for Master Data Update should fix this bug

Regards

Sebastian

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karim,

As Madhu said, Please check out the Date and month format and also please check whether all the fields are mapping correctly to the info objects or not..

Regards

Gattu

0 Kudos

Hi Karim,

Check whether the flat file location in InfoPackage and DataSource are the same.

Regards

Fazal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karim,

I suspect that you might be entering values that are not in correct format as defined in BI DTP. Eg: date it could be DD.MM.YYYY in BI you might be giving MM.DD.YYYY similary you may be entering the wrong format for master data you are giving it in selections.

Hope it helps...

Best Regards,

Madhu