cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info-Shuttle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyone familiar with a product called Info-Shuttle? I understan that it is a tool that allows subsets of production data to copied to test clients.

Any info on Info-Shuttl would be appreciated and will assign point.

Thanks

Shoeb Kanpurwala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to purchase this product. A license has to be procured for each environment you want to shuttle data to. In our company we did not use infoshuttle to bring sales orders as we had lots of customizations. But if your sales order process is straight forward then Infoshuttle can accomplish the job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

We are looking at a number of tools similar to Infoshuttle.

Can I ask if you are happy with this Infoshuttle product, how good product support is and how much the license costs (ballpark figure is good too).

Thanks,

Quang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Quang,

As i mentioned in this thread, we use Infoshuttle to only bring master data.

The tool is good and robust and we are happy with the product. The tool cost depends on different factors. every evironment you want to shuttle data to will determine the license cost. They have a separate cost for bringing down HR data. Ballpark i would say 100K USD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Quang,

You can use SAP TDMS - Test Data Migration server for creating test landscapes. If the component DMIS_EXT is also installed in your system, then if you want only sales related data to be transferred, that can be achieved through TDMS.

For more details you can visit the forum Test Data Migration server at

Regards,

Srila.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, infoshuttle is used to pull subsets of data from production to other lower environments.

Not sure what specific information you are looking at but here is how we use it.

Typically we used Infoshuttle to bring ONLY master data (Customers, Materials, Prices, Sales Model) from production to other environments. We then use mercury scripts to create transactional data (Sales Order, Delivery, Invoices) . One pain point with infoshuttle is you have to customize if you need to bring in delta's of customers, materials, prices, sales models etc.

We perform this selective refresh of our test and development environments to simulate production issues and other performance related issues.

GAMMA technologies has another product called Infotrim which does a selective client copy but we have not yet explored it. SAP also has a product called TDMS but not sure how effective it is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am trying to extract sales orders and all supporting data from production and import it into the development system.

Do We need to buy this product or does it comes free and we coould downlaod.

Thanks