cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Studio Viewer and Copy and Paste

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I am using Visual Studio 2008. windows forms and Business Object Viewer comes with Visual Studio 2008 to display Crystal reports. I see that I can't copy the cells (highlight and copy as in MS word). Users want to copy a cell data and paste it on a inquiry field. Am I missing something?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Benny, the report in the viewer is essentially a pictorial representation of the data, so no you can not copy the fields.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Looks like you can get the data toWINFOPRM with some C# coding.

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Once of my customers complained about the same thing. In the 2008 .NET viewer application, you can select elements in the viewer, but you can't copy & paste them. In RDC viewer applications (as well as in Crystal), you can copy & paste both text elements as well as graphical elements.

I was hoping that this "regression" in functionality would be addressed by a future service pack. Could you please let us know if this is a reasonable hope?

Thanks,

ido

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ido,

I am not sure this was ever available in the .NET viewer. It working in the RDC viewer is not a regression issue as it is a completely different object model and there is no expectation that something that works one way in the RDC will work the same way in .NET. Ludek can speak to this better than I can though since he has worked with the RDC.

Jason

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nothing I can add, other than to support what Jason said.

Ludek

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, folks.

If you have a chance, please mention this to the development team. Perhaps this is something they can easily add to the next SP.

Answers (0)