Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After "Move Result Area" newly added free char. show on the sec. sheet

andreas_klapper
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi *,

We ran into the following problem:

1) We copied within a workbook the result area to a new sheet. So that we have a sheet for free characteristics (first sheet) and one for the result area (second sheet).

2) We saved the workbook.

3) Then we added a new free characteristic to the query and refreshed the workbook to reflect the change.

The result is that the newly added characteristic shows on the result sheet (right above the results) instead of the first tab for free characteristics.

How can we "force" the system to put all newly added free char. on the first tab?

Any suggestion or/and help is much appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas - I take it this is 3.5

Unless you call the bex functions via VBA - this has always been the way (as I remember it)

It's a pig - but I have always had to rembedd the query into the workbook and then do the move

I too would like to hear from others who have done it without resorting to VBA

andreas_klapper
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your input. I am sorry that I didn't mention it. We are on BW 3.5.

It seems according to the link that Shikha sent that's it. There are no none-VBA solutions.

Anyway, I think we have to live with this design short come. Though, as you, I cannot believe that no one in the community didn't have the same/similar problem and there is no reasonable solution/workaround.

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos
andreas_klapper
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shikha,

Thank you for your reply. The link that you attached describes why the workbook is updated. Unfortunately, it does not provide any solution how to post the newly added characteristic to the first sheet. If you or anyone encountered this issue and has a solution for it, this would be much appreciated.

Again, thank you for your help.

Andreas