cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting in cm, need to change to inches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Crystal Reports v11R2, running on Vista SP1, USA, all Windows settings to English, USA.

All of my Crystal Reports are in cm (metric) and not inches.

I have yet to find a solution to this annoyance. During install I am prompted, I obviously selected ENGLISH.

Where can I change from metric to inches?

Ken Caudell

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ken,

Crystal Reports gets the measurement system from the regional settings of the machine it is installed on. I don't have a Vista machine to test on but in XP if you go into the regional settings and on the Regional Options tab the standards and format is set to English (United States) then click on Customize and ensure that the Measurement system on the Numbers tab is set to US.

Make sure that CR is closed when doing this so it picks up the change when opening.

Edited by: Graham Cunningham on Oct 3, 2008 7:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

GOOD GRIEF!

You nailed it! I had been in there NUMEROUS times (and it IS set to English US) but you were correct I had to do "Customize this format" and sure enough, towards the bottom it was set to METRIC! ARUGH! Chalk up another "stupid Vista" trick. Why would it default to Metric in English USA. <rolling eyes>.

THANK YOU!

I wished I could award 1 million points! I have been searching for 2 days now and nothing.

That is the correct fix!!!!

KenJunior

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My PC (XP) is set to metric, but CR 2008 still has the grid size in inches! I want in in centimetres.

Any more ideas as to where it should be changed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Are you trying to change the Setting of the Grid lines in the report from cm to inches?

If you go to CR v11 R2, File Menu > Options > Layout Tab, you wil see Grid Size which is given in cm.

Where as in the CR 2008, if you go to File Menu > Options > Layout Tab, you can will see the Grid Size in inches.

Regards,

Abhijeet Taskar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you are saying???????????????

I apologize but I don't understand your post. Are you stating that v11R2 cannot be in inches but CR2008 can be or is???

My margins, the grid lines, etc, everything is in metric measurements. I need inches.

What's the "ancient chinese secret" to setting v11R2 to inches?

KJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken

In Crystal Report if you go to File->Options->Layout tab

and then if the unit of 'Grid Size' is 'in' then the value under the 'Grid Size' should be 1.000 and if the unit is in metric i.e 'cm' then in order to convert Grid Size into inch the value should be 2.54

Let us know this helps or you have any further queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

LOL

Um, yes, I CAN do the math conversion but I don't WANT to. I WANT CR XIR2 to be IN INCHES.

Why is Business Objects such a royal PITA to change from cm to inches as a default? Why was it ever set as a default of metric for me to begin with?

I WANT INCHES AS THE DEFAULT.

KenJunior