cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABC Analysis report -Inventory

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Has anyone created this kind of report in B1 . I came to know that this report is kind of standard report in most ERP.

Can you please let me know how can i created that kind of report .I need to create that report as soon as possible so i need some help from you experts .

Thank you

Bishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bishal,

ABC Analysis Report is something you would have to build custom. Out of the box there is not something similar. Depending on the type of business you are in, you could consider certain Addon packages like Valogix which have a very proven solution for Advanced Inventory planning and forcasting.

There is a substantial ROI in investing in such products as they have a possibility of adding upto 20% to the Business bottom line by reducing inventory.

Suda

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does Business one have the capability to generate an ABC analysis report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In general, two types of ABC analysis are available in inventory management:

1) classifying items based on their value of consumption or sells

Inventory Calss

% of Sale Value

(sale/consumption Qty*unit price)

A70 - 80
B15 - 30
C 5 - 10

2) classifying items based on their value of stock.

Inventory Calss

% of Inventory Value

(stock qty*unit price)

A70 - 80
B15 - 30
C 5 - 10

The first query can be limited based on sales documents or inventory documents (related to company nature).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bishal,

To produce this report, you have to add A, B, C classes to the items first. I think the first option could be using items properties. Once you get that information ready, a query should not be that difficult.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon ,

Basically Item will be given properties A,B and C based on criteria at the run time.

One of the condition I was able to observe in Microsoft dynamics GP today to give you how it is determined .

For a question like What are my highest moving item ?or selling item ?

So based on finding of all item ,you will rank A,B and C as defined by your parameter

2O% of high selling is A

50% of second selling is B

30% of selling is C

That's how you khow that Item fallen in C category didn't perform well in the period.

Hi Suda,

I appreciate you pointing towards addon.However ,or only one report I cannot get approval to get an addon

Thank you

Bishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bishal,

I am fully aware what is ABC Analysis Report. The promblem we face is: there is no built-in function in B1 to do so. If you go with add-on, then the matter become funancial and time waiting to get approved. To produce this report by yourself, the most difficult part is get the item A, B, C classified.

Thanks,

Gordon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Can you help me to build the query to calculate all the total values and I am thinking that I will use a crystal report to classify A, B and C .

I am planning to use INV1 table to capture all the item ,quantity and its line total and group by Item code within certain period (May be period as using parameter ).Or should I go with RDR1 table or delivery row table

Since you are aware of ABC analysis report ,Any suggestion ,

Thank you

Bishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

My suggestion is:

Depending on your accounting process, probably A/R Invoice and A/R Credit Memo should be the table to look at. Sales Order may not means actual sales if you have not used them for accounting purchase. I believe most companies will not use these documents to collect money.

You first plan is a good start. Try look at all INV1 and RIN1 tables to get the right amount first.

Thanks,

Gordon