cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR 9 unhandled exception in crw32.exe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been using CR 9 for sometime now. The accounting system we are running uses it. I am in the process of changing a number of reports by adding another stored procedure. I have added everything without any problems on the development system. When I move the reports to the test system, I run through the 'set datasource location' so that it will point to the correct database. I walk through each of the parameters for both SP's, when go to save the report I get an unhandled exception from crw32.

I have looked at other similar threads but none matched this. I have reset the DEP based on one of the other threads and it didn't make any difference.

I am having to add a seperate SP for the missing data because we do not have a license to change the SP that the accounting system is using.

Also , I have SP7 installed on each of these systems.

thanks

jerry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

1. Are you using the same versions in both the test and development environments? If so, what is it?

2. What kind of database are you connecting to?

3. What operating systems are you using CR9 in?

4. What kind of connection are you using? OLEDB, ODBC, native?

5. State the workflow on how you actually did the switch. If you are following the workflow like most users are with CR8.5, it will not work. It needs to be 'Set Datasource Location' for each object in the stored procedure to the target database. You cannot change the datasource wholesale by pointing the current datasource to the target datasource. Every object needs to be changed step-by-step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delay, I was out on vacation.

1. Are you using the same versions in both the test and development environments? If so, what is it?

A. Each of the systems in the (dev/test/prod) environments are running the same version of CR9 with SP1. Version 9.2.3.1699

2. What kind of database are you connecting to?

A. Sql Server 2005 sp2

3. What operating systems are you using CR9 in?

A. MS 2003 Server

4. What kind of connection are you using? OLEDB, ODBC, native?

A. OLEDB

5. State the workflow on how you actually did the switch. If you are following the workflow like most users are with CR8.5, it will not work. It needs to be 'Set Datasource Location' for each object in the stored procedure to the target database. You cannot change the datasource wholesale by pointing the current datasource to the target datasource. Every object needs to be changed step-by-step.

A. I modify the reports on the development system then copy the reports to the test system. I then do 'Set Datasource Location' for each of the stored procedures. Pointing the connection to the new database resource on the test system. If there are any sub-reports they are dropped from the report and then readded.