Regards

Chinna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

This could be defined as easily or as complex as you like, I will go for the easy route:

Standalone/Decoupled Scenario: Local documents only, only direct integration with backend systems is for FICO data. No follow on docs are passed to a backend.

Classic Scenario: ERP backend is the leading system, all follow on docs created in the backend not locally.

Extended Classic Scenario: Local documents created in the SRM-SERVER and a COPY is sent to the ERP backend(s).

In a nutshell, thats about it .... of course there is a lot to each scenario other than this but this describes the basics of the scenarios.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason

If ur going for classic scenario

Shopping cart in ebp-approval-pr(automatically created in ECC )-po-goods receipt and invoice in backend system

is it correct.

Regards

Chinna

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, Chinna. SRM gereates PO in backend syatem in classic scenario.

BR

Muthu

Edited by: Muthuraman Govindasamy on Oct 3, 2008 3:32 PM

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

The shopping cart is created and approved in SAP Enterprise Buyer. The remainder of the process takes place in the backend system(s) and all other follow-on documents, such the purchase order, goods receipt/service entry sheet and invoice, are located there.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends

what is the role of pr in backend system in classic scenario

regards

chinna

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chinna

If the sc data is incomplete it will create a PR instead of PO in classic scenario.

Moreover in SPRO Cross application basic settings--? define objects in the backend system (Purchase request, PO or reservation) depends upon your business scenario.

When you save sc , it looks this configuration which objects should create in a backend system.

BR

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess this is an age old question but does anyone know of a comprehensive list of what business scenario's and functionality is available in each scenario and what the restriction/limitations of each is.

For example if you go for classic does this limit which functionality you can utilise in SUS or does using extended classic restrict any business scenarios?

Cheers

Chris

Answers (0)