cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO Handle Target System Down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a WebDynpro application that uses JCO to connect to several backend SAP systems. Occasionally, these backend systems are brought down for scheduled maintenance. My application, however, still needs to run during this backend downtime. I need my application to simply "ignore" that the backend system is down for maintenance.

Currently, my application does not ignore this situation. The following error is thrown:

Could not create JCOClientConnection for logical System: WD_UWLITEMCOUNT_MODELDATA_DEST - Model: class com.company.employeeservices.cpt.models.CPTUWLInboxCount. Please assure that you have configured the RFC connections and/or logical system name properly for this model!

And worse, my application performance degrades overall significantly. Our volume testing grinds to a halt. I suspect this is happening because numerous, concurrent users are making requests to the WD application, and each JCO request waits for a response from the dead server.

What is the proper manner for configuring/coding the JCO connections such that they handle the target system being down occassionally?

Thank you for any help you could provide.

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I dont think that your WDP JCO's can connect to the backend when its down.

Instead may be a switch over strategy can be used with a load balancer so that always the up & running cluster is chosen for better performance.

Regards,

Santhosh