cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFS Sender File Adapter Source Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have the next problem cause company politics I can't put some files that I need in the XI Server, so I sould take them from another server directory, and cause compañy politics too I can't use FTP so I need to use NFS, but I've been reading some threads about it and some of them says I can't do it and some of them says that I can do it and even give come paths, now the file system is in a Unix Server, how can I do this????? should I put the server an path direclty in de cc or should I map the directory and how do I do this, any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Julio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI..

You can do NFS to server other than XI server. You need to mount the UNIX system to the XI server and use NFS to read the file from the other server. Other than this if you cant mount the file system of the other server NFS is not an option you can use to read files.

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julio,

If your lacation is as follows:

server01\path1\path2

Then put *
server01\path1\path2* as your source directory.

Important

For Linux ensure that the <sid>adm user can access the specific location.

For Windows ensure that the sapservice<sid> user can access the specific location. (Will probably have to be on the domain to achieve this).

Regards,

Yaghya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sarvesh,

now how should be the path for a Unix Server? do you now I mean it's not accessed as windows servers to my knowldge now the server is lrazs05 and the home is /opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/wbiadm and the folder I want to access is in /opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/wbiadm/irdoc do you know the correct path as unix to access this????, thanks for your answer.

Regars,

Julio

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try only with /wbiadm/irdoc path, if not working then try with full path as you have given.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well you can try with giving the unix path in CC and then try. But as for as my knowledge, NFS mode only works when your file is on XI directory or if the unix dir is shared with XI then also it will work.