Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find the best info on customizing of CL_SALV_TABLE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to make some components based on CL_SALV_TABLE.

I need to make a lot of customizations, like:

- removing slack space/border

- automaticaly strech/resize the rows/columns to the full size of the grid

- fixing the column-width

- removing certain standard functions (select all, row/multi_row selection)

- expose another layout-controller than the one is standard

It looks too difficult to me to find all possible info in the class implementation.

Is there some SAP documentation or are there good books available on this?

Thanks for your help,

Jan

3 REPLIES 3

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

0 Kudos

David, Rich,

Thanks for your replies.

The referred document "ALV - The Basics" was the one that I have read a few months ago, when I was planning this development.

It did me decide for the CL_SALV_TABLE and it was also the one that brought me to the book "Next Generation ABAP Development".

Rich, thanks for this very good book. It gave me a boost start in ABAP.

And thanks for the remainder, I will reread the document "Utilizing the New ALV Object", maybe I have missed something.

But now, that I have a great part finished, I need more advanced information on the customization.

What are the limits of the customization. What is evt. possible and what I should better not think on.

Just an example for gaining confidence:

Is it possible to suppress the selection-functions (select-all, select/multi-select row), in such a way that the left bar (with the buttons) is hidden?

Is there documentation that covers this in general, no details.

I have understand that the CL_SALV_TABLE is a recent/new version of de CL_GUI_...GRID, so I would expect that there is also more info.

Or is this a general ABAP problem and should I do "trial and error", to find out the limits of the objects.

I have still a long way to go after this. I would extend it with GuiXT-customisations as a first release and later with Fuzion for Web2.0.

But first I need to do a maximum of customization in the object CL_SALV_TABLE.

Regards,

Jan