Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SAP BPC - script logic using variables

Hi,

1) I'm new to BPC but have extensive experience in BI IP. Apperantly (custom made) planning functions have to be programmed in scripts. I was wondering how one can use the principle of variables when defining scripts. For example when I check scripts postd on SDN I always see hardcoded values in the scripts ... Is it possible that the user has to fill in somewhere the value or values for a variable and use this in a script logic. For example a simple periodic distribution from year to period: how can the user indicate for which planyear the system has to do this? I presume you do not code this in the script itself ...

I know you can use //prompt when creating scripts, but what if the logic is not triggered manually, but during sending by adding it to the default logic.

-> In IP the user can key in values in variables upfront which can be used in all planfunctions ...

2) is it also possible to select the values set in the current view section in the action pane and use it in a script?

3) can you change data belonging to another application and application set when executing a script?

regards

D

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question