cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resume plug in EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once I have a RESUME PLUG (interface) in my WDA window, the EP keeps a single session open for each WDA.

While this is a performance boost it is a memory waste. So in my application I'd like to programmatically switch it on / off (as per configuration).

Is there any chance to do so. Possible solutions:

- Dynamically create the plug (), but how?

- change the type of the plug programmatically (Standard / Resume)?

- change the state in WDDOAPPLICATIONSTATECHANGE, but I have no idea how.

Any idea on how to attack this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This seems to work, I just want to keep an eye on that:

In the WDDOAPPLICATIONSTATECHANGE I do check for Suspend state and in this case I can set the dirty flag (of course, in the real implementation this will be configurable)

ELSEIF state_change->state_change_reason = state_change->co_reason_suspend.
    r = 'SUSPEND'.

CALL METHOD lo_portal_manager->set_application_dirty_flag
  EXPORTING
    dirty_flag = TRUE

I'd really like not know what a SAP WDA developer would say this is, a trick or very bad hacking because of..?

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Horsk,

I have found an interseting article that you may be interested to have a look at :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b5380089-0c01-0010-22ae-bd9...

It has been written for Web Dynpro Java but I think applies to Web Dynpro ABAP as well.

Best regards,

Guillaume

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the docu:

If an application features a resume plug, the corresponding session is retained when navigating away in the portal. However, in many cases it may be sensible or even absolutely necessary to close the application completely. In such cases, you must not implement a resume plug for the interface view.

This is exactly what I'd like to make dynamically configurable

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Horsk,

Got the same issue: I use suspend/resume plug for integrating Flex application with Web Dynpro ABAP (had to embed Flex into BSP, moreover!)

I noticed that even though I was navigating away from the Web Dynpro ABAP application, the session was not closed.

Hence, when coming back to the application, it is resumed and not "reinstantiated".

I was wondering whether it was not possible to use a workaround like setting the Portal dirty_flag or Work protect mode..., which would ask the user for the Portal to close the application

Best regards,

Guillaume